Chapter 22: Awakened

Recap: Manik is identified as the person trying to kill Nandini. He is now unconscious and is admitted to City Hospital. The doctor conducts a PET-CT scan of his brain.

Tuesday, 11PM (City Hospital)

As Nandini and Fab 3 walked towards the doctor's room, they saw a few nurses move Manik towards his room. Nandini's eyes followed Manik as far as she could. She knew he needed her by his side, but she wanted to know if he was alright. So, she walked into the doctor's room.

Dr. Aditi: Please sit down. Manik is fine and should wake up soon.

All of them breath a sigh of relief.

Dr. Aditi: But...

Their happiness was frozen on hearing the word "but."

Alia: But...

Dr. Aditi: I have a few questions, that might help me understand his situation better.

They nod, willing to provide answers to the questions the doctor wants to ask.

Dr. Aditi: Has he fainted before and stayed unconscious for more than 24 hours?

Nandini remembered the time when Manik fainted in Amms's house in Mangalore. She remember how scared she was and how Nyonika didn't let her be with Manik. Their love was always by their side, Manik's first words were "Nandini" when he woke up.

Nandini: Yes, last year. The doctors didn't know what happened to him. Then he suddenly woke up.

The doctor took down notes as Nandini spoke.

Dr. Aditi: I don't know how to put this, but Manik has had an anomaly  in his brain which causes these sudden spells of unconsciousness. It is not harmful and has been there since he was 10 (the meteor hit). However, what is unusual is his behaviour. I will refer Manik's case to a psychiatrist. He should be able to take it from here.

On the phone-

Dr. Aditi: Hello, Dr. Sharma, I have a case that I would like you to look into. I hope thats fine with you.

Dr. Sharma: Yes. Sure. send in the details. I will ask my assistant to book the patient in for tomorrow morning 10AM.

Dr. Aditi: Ok. Thanks.

Dr. Aditi immediately sent Dr. Sharma Manik's case file.

Dr. Aditi: Dr. Sharma has booked Manik in for 10AM tomorrow. Manik will be fine, all of you rest for a while. One person can stay in the hospital. Here are Dr. Sharma's clinic details.

Dhruv took the paper that contained the address of Dr. Sharma's clinic.

Dhruv: Thank you so much doctor.

Nandini was happy that Manik would be fine, but fear still loomed over her. She figured that Dr. Sharma was the same person who diagnosed her with 'denial' when Manik was away. She never liked Dr. Sharma as he kept saying her Manik was not real. She was now scared what Dr. Sharma would say about Manik's condition.

Nandini, Dhruv, Mukti and Alia walked out of the doctors room and went to Manik's room.

Alia: Nandini, although we would like to be by Manik when he wakes up, he needs you. So, you stay here tonight.

Nandini smiled. As they entered they saw the nurse ogling the very handsome lead singer of Fab 5. She touched his hand to check his pulse and blushed. Mukti and Dhruv noticed the nurse and then looked at Nandini.  Nandini just smiled at the nurse.

Nandini thought- Fangirls of "the Manik Malhotra."

Mukti: Not jealous?

Nandini: Why would I be.

Mukti smiled seeing the trust and love Nandini had for her friend.

11:30PM (City Hospital)

Mukti, Dhruv, Alia and the fangirl nurse left the room leaving Nandini behind to spend the night at the hospital with Manik.

Nandini: Manik, you know what, these girls na, all of them want you. We can't trust these girls these days.

Nandini: Oh Manik, I completely forgot. See, you make me forget things. Wait...

She went to her bag and brought a box with her. She opened it and took out Manik's MaNan bracelet and started to tie it to his hand. As soon as her hands touched his wrist, Manik's hand moved. Nandini noticed the effect she had on him, so she intertwined their hands and bend down and kissed Manik's hand just above the bracelet. Manik gripped her hand tighter. Nandini felt like she regained her life again because Manik was coming back to her. Manik regained consciousness slowly.
Manik: Nandini...

Again, the first word he said, was Nandini. The power of true love can create miracles. Nandini's belief in her love kept her Manik alive. Now Manik's love brought him back to his Nandini.

Nandini: Manik... I love you.

Manik: I love you too... hamesha.

Nandini was thrilled to hear Manik's voice again after what felt like eternity.

Nandini: Manik, never pull this stunt on me again ok.

Manik smiled and nodded. He noticed the tears on her cheek and gestured for her to come closer to him.

Manik: Nandini, I can never be away from you. You are my life. (wiping her tears)

Manik: Vaise why were you were jealous of that nurse! haaww!

Nandini: I was not, and I know you heard me. See I am always right.

Manik: No no.. You were jealous.

Nandini made faces.

Manik: Ok baba. Come here.

He pulled Nandini towards him and she fell beside him on the bed. A strand of hair fell on her face and Manik tucked it behind her ear while her eyes followed his every action. He pulled her closed and hugged her. He then moved closer to her face and pecked her cheek and she blushed.

Manik: I could look at you forever and fall in love with you again and again.

Nandini smiled and kissed his forehead. Soon, both of them fell asleep in each others arms in the hospital bed.

Wednesday, 8AM (City hospital)

Sun rays filled the room and woke Nandini up. She smiled looking at the position both of them had fallen asleep in. Not wanting to wake Manik up, she continued to lie down beside him as he cuddled her.