Chapter 18: Evidence

Recap: Manik and Nandini share some MaNan moments but their happiness is spoilt by "the Shadow."

Tuesday, 1PM (Nandini's House)

Nandini: Ma..nikk. I heard him.

Manik: What are you saying Nandini, are you sure it was a man?

Nandini: He said " you are keeping me away from Alia, so you have to die."

Manik was angry and sad that someone was trying to hurt Nandini and that had something to do with Alia. So, its not Nyonika, aur kaun ho sakta hain? He thought as Nandini pulled him closer and rested her head on his chest. 

Manik lifted Nandini's face slowly as he could feel her tears seep through his shirt. No one, no one can make my Nandini cry! I will kill him! Manik though as he looked at Nandini who was in shock and terror.  He wiped a tear that left her eye. He kissed her forehead making Nandini feel secure and protected. 

Manik: Nandini, this guy will have to pay for every tear drop that you have shed. I will not leave him. 

Nandini was still crying looking at Manik, when Chachi, Chacha and Rishabh rushed towards Nandini.

Chachi: Nandu, tum tikh ho na? 

Nandini looked at Chachi with tears in her eyes still embracing Manik and nodded 'yes.' Everyone in the Murthy household was shaken to see Nandini's state. She was petrified.  

Chachi: Lets go downstairs. 

Chachi, Chacha and Rishabh started walking down. Manik tried to move Nandini, but she didn't move an inch away from Manik. She needed him, his warmth and his love. Manik understood this, so he picked her up in his arms and walked down while her head still rested on his chest and her hands were wrapped on his shoulders.
He made Nandini sit on the sofa and he sat beside her. Chachi brought some water for Nandini which she refused to drink. Manik took the water and brought it close to Nandini's mouth. 

Manik: Drink some, it will make you feel better. 

Nandini didn't take the water, she used both her arms to hug Manik. Manik used this hug as an opportunity to slowly make her drink the water. None of them slept or spoke a word that night. 

Manik thought- I will not spare the person who has made her so scared.

Tuesday, 7AM
Chacha: Manik, I need to talk to you.
Manik nodded his head, but Nandini wasn't willing to let go of Manik. So, Chachi came and sat beside her and coerced her to let Manik go for a few minutes.

7:30AM ( Balcony, Nandini's house)
Chacha: Manik, I don't know if Nandini told you this but when you were away, she was hallucinating because of denial.

Nandini and Manik had spoken of her hallucinations before in some other ways so Manik was aware of it. ( i.e.,her dream wala boyfriend) 

Chacha: She was mentally disturbed, so we took her to a psychiatrist. 

This was news to Manik since Nandini had hid this from him deliberately.  

Chacha: Before her next appointment you came back, and she seemed normal, so we thought she is fine... But... Now all this...

Manik: So, you think she is imagining all this? 

Chacha: I don't know. I think we should consult the psychiatrist again. 

Manik: Hmmm....

Chachi: Manik, Nandini needs you. 

Manik: Chacha, give me the psychiatrist's details and I will take her to their clinic today. 

Manik was troubled that Nandini had suffered a mental illness in his absence and she didn't even share it with him. However, right now she needed him to be with her whatever happened and he was ready to be by her side in this difficult time. 

Chachi: Nandini is not eating anything. I think only you can make her eat. 

Saying that Chachi handed Manik a bowl of cereal. Manik sat beside Nandini and brought a spoon of cereal to her mouth. She still didn't eat. 

Manik: See... I am going to finish all your cereal and its soooooo yummy! 

Manik took ate one spoon and tried feeding her another time. She looked at Manik and accepted the food. After some time, Manik managed to make her finish breakfast. Manik realized he had some unfinished business to attend to.

Manik: Nandini, I will be back in 3 hours. Will you be okay, if I go? 

After almost 7 hours of silence, Nandini spoke.

Nandini: Manik... 

Manik could sense the fear in her voice and this angered him more. 

Nandini: Manik, be careful. 

Even in such a terrorizing situation, all she was concerned about was his safety. Manik hugged her to let her know that he will all be okay, that they will fight this battle together. 

10 AM ( Dhruv's house)
Dhruv thought: I have to win back Alia, but what do I do now? Nandini... I have to call her...

10AM (Aryaman's house)
Manik: Tch...tch...tch... Leave friendship, you couldn't even be a good villain.
Aryaman: How did you come here?
Manik:  Why did I come here not how did I come here is the right question.
Aryaman: You cannot accept the fact that Nandini was close to me in your absence, so you are frustrated that she chose me then. 
Manik: One more mention of Nandini and I will kill you right here, right now.
Give me the clip of Nyonika and Harshad.
Aryaman: In your dreams.
Manik: In my dreams you will be in jail for trespassing. 
Aryaman was shocked.

...Flashback...
Tuesday, 8:30 AM (Malhotra Mansion)
Manik: Think Manik think. I have to get the clip somehow.
Suddenly Manik remembered Aryaman having  Soha's photo which was in his house.
Manik: That means he was here.
Manik went to the security room and started watching the footage from around the time he suspected Aryaman trespassing in his property.
He saw Nandini and himself running around the pool and remembered that night after their fight about Aryaman. He saw the joy in her face that had now vanished because of the morning's incident.  And then, he spotted Aryaman in the living room.

...Flashback ends...

Manik placed the CD on the table and taunted Aryaman to watch it. Aryaman knew that Manik had won this contest and gave Manik the recorded evidence of Nyonika and Harshad confessing to the blast that killed Cabir.

Note: This chapter is unedited. If you notice any mistakes do let me know. Some interesting details to be revealed in chapter 20!