Chapter 20 A: Darkness

Story so far: Manik returns to Mumbai after 3 months not remembering Nandini. He suddenly regains his memory of her and MaNan share some romantic moments. Manik emancipates from Nyonika and kicks her out of the Malhotra Mansion. Aryaman had a clip of Harshad-Nyonika confessing to the car blast that killed Cabir, which Manik takes from him. Manik learns that Nandini's hallucinations were related denial and that "the shadow" that is trying to kill her might be a real person. He doesn't trust anyone anymore after Dhruv speaks of Alia in relation to Nandini.  (Remember " the Shadow" said to Nandini- you are keeping me away from Alia, so you have to die)

Tuesday, 12:30PM ( Aryaman's house)
Aryaman called his ex-friend Harshad.
Aryaman: Bro, Manik knows that you killed Cabir. Keep your excuses ready.
Aryaman cut the call after the warning.

Tuesday, 1PM (outside the physiatrist's clinic)

Manik: Nandini, that man knows your house. So, we have to go underground. We cannot tell anyone where, or anything else. Just let Chachi know that you are with Navya. As soon as we go, we will disconnect our phones.

Nandini: But what if Chachi calls Navya. We have to tell Navya at least na.

Manik: We will let them know that we are going to be together, but we will not give them any details.

Nandini nodded trusting Manik on this. She had given him her heart, trusting him to do the right thing was not difficult for her, although she was uncomfortable with lying to Chachi. Nevertheless, Nandini called Chachi and informed her that she was spending the night at Navya's apartment.

Nandini: Now what?

Manik: I will drop you at your house, pack your stuff for the night. I will pick you up at 5PM sharp.

Manik drove the car and both of them were silent the entire journey.  Nandini got up from her seat and walked to Manik's seat window.

Nandini: Come with me.

Manik: Nandini, I have some work. I will be back at 5PM.

Nandini: But where are you going?

Manik: Nandini... I will tell you everything tonight ok. Please trust me.

Nandini bent into the car through the window and pecked his cheek.

Nandini: Hamesha.

Manik smiled and drove away while Nandini walked into her house.

1PM, (Nandini's house)

Chachi: I made some samosa noodles for Navya. Take it with you when you leave.

Nandini thought to herself- Manik is going to enjoy this! Haha!

Nandini: Ok Chachi.

Nandini went up to her room and called Navya.

Navya: Nandu, you know what! That monster has taken away my friend from me! You are calling me after so long!

Nandini: Navya please.

Navya: Ok baba! I won't call him monster.

Nandini: I am staying with Manik tonight, I have told Chachi that I am going to be with you.

Navya: Oh hoooo! Kya baat hai Nandini! Night with Manik and all. Batao batao...

Nandini blushed as she realized that she is going to be spending the night with Manik. She hadn't thought of all the possibilities until Navya enquired about them, as she was engrossed in this whole 'going underground' mission of theirs.

Navya: Bolo Nandini...

Nandini: Aisa kuch nahi hai. Ok bye I have to go.

Before Navya could question further, Nandini disconnected the call and continued to blush remembering that this would be Manik and her second time together after that day that made them one yet separated them.

1:30PM (S.P.A.C.E Academy)

Manik enters the Jam room where Alia, Mukti and Dhruv were waiting for him as per the text he sent them a while back.
Dhruv: What happend Buddy?
Manik: Why did you call Nandini?
Alia rolled her eyes at Dhurv and he looked at Manik wondering why Manik was so upset.
Alia: of course he will call her! Why wont he, he did love her na!
Dhruv: Alia, Manik knows that that was in the past. Why are you bringing that up now?
Alia: I...
Mukti: Guys! Just stop! Manik, why did you call us here?
Alia and Dhruv looked to opposite directions not wanting to look at each other. The issues between them made Manik suspect Dhruv even more.
Manik: Guys, I am taking Nandini out. I will not be here for a day or more. We will not have our phones, so you will not be able to contact us.
Mukti got into her teasing mode, to lighten the atmosphere.
Mukti: Phones off karke kya karne wale ho tum dono? Haan...
Manik was in no mood to answer.
Manik: Mukti, what I do or don't is none of your business. Bye.
Manik left the room in anger while Mukti stood there stunned by Manik's behaviour.
Mukti: Isse kya ho gaya hai?
Unknown to them, Harshad had heard the entire conversation and was worried that Manik might be planning something against him and Nyonika.

Precap: Manik and Nandini are in the car... Manik worried about Nandini's safety... Nandini in a romantic mood... Someone is following them without their knowledge...  "The shadow"...

Belated Happy Valentines Day! ❤️