Chapter 12: Who?

Early Update!!!
Story so far: Manik comes back after 3 months and forgets Nandini, over the weekend, miraculously he regains memories of her. Either Nandini imagined someone in her room or some real person was in her room with a knife. Manik thinks it is definitely Nyonika after the whole emancipation drama. Alia mentions that Harshad is back in town and he was curious to know about MaNan. Aryaman seems to be annoyed that Nandini is with Manik, and seems to be plotting something.

Aryaman: I have to do something. Lets talk to Nyonika ma'am. She surely hates Nandini.

Aryaman went to Nyonika's office in S.P.A.C.E Academy. He found a note stuck on the door that read, " The new trustee will be decided in a few months. For now report to your principal."

Aryaman was shocked. He thought- who has the power to attack Nyonika Malhotra! I have to go to her house.

Monday, 10:40 AM (Jam room, S.P.A.C.E Academy)

Mukti: Manik, we will not let anything happen to any of us this time. We have to be more vigilant. It could be anyone.

Dhruv: Mukti, you are right. We need a plan.

Manik: Alia and Dhruv, you both go and meet Harshad. Do not let him know anything about Nandini's incident. Just talk to him, notice his body language. If anything looks suspicious, let us know. Mukti and I will go and talk to Nyonika. Navya, I will drop you both at Nandini's house and make sure she is safe.

Manik, Mukti, Nandini and Navya got into Manik's car with Nandini sitting beside Manik.

Manik: Chalo, Dhruv, take Alia and leave. We do not have too much time.

Alia and Dhruv look at each other. Manik didn't know that things were not back to normal with them. They had decided to stay friends, but that equation was complicated by their past.

As Manik drove off Alia and Dhruv continued to stare at each other.

Dhruv: If you are not comfortable coming with me in the bike, its okay. We can book a car or something.

Alia just go on to the back of the bike and placed her hand on Dhruv's shoulder. Dhruv didn't expect that but he drove of to her house.

11 AM (Alia-Harshad's house)

Alia and Dhruv walk in and see Harshad coming out of his room.

Alia: Bhaiiii, I couldn't talk much with you yesterday.

Harshad: Why is he here (Pointing to Dhruv)

Alia: Oh! He just drove me. Dhruv, you can go now. I don't need your services anymore.

Harshad laughed loudly at his sister's remarks. Dhruv was hurt, he still loved Alia very much. Yes, things had changed between them. He was jealous of Manik and suspected Alia had unresolved feelings for his buddy, but that was in the past for him. He wanted to move on with Alia now, but she didn't let go of the past. The mission was more important at the moment, so without arguing Dhruv left the house.

Alia: Now tell me Bhai, where were you for 2 months? First my friend disappears and then you!

Harshad stated to sweat and he stammered as he spoke.

Harshad: I... I... I... went on a ho..liday to Del... no, Goa.

Alia thought to herself- Manik said he was in Delhi and now Bhai is hiding something about that place.

10:50 AM (Malhotra Mansion)

Manik: Nyonika, I thought I was clear. I want you out of my house by today.

Nyonika: Manik, I will be off by today. I just have some unfinished business left here.

That sounded suspicions to Manik. He didn't ask Nyonika anything else to make her think they were onto her. So he left the mansion.

Manik text to Fab 4, Nandini and Navya: Guys, I think its Nyonika. Meet me in the jam room in 30 min.

Alia text to Fab 4, Nandini and Navya: Manik, Harshad didn't seem normal either. He is up to something.

Manik was reading Alia's text as he walked out of the mansion when he noticed Aryaman. Manik thought- what is he doing here? I never had good feelings about this guy.

Mukti: Aryaman!

Aryaman: Mukti h.. hi...

Mukti whispers to Manik: Why does he look so tensed?

Manik tells her about his so-called love for Nandini.

Mukti: But, if he loves her, why is he meeting Nyonika when he knows very well that Nyonika never liked Nandini.

Manik: That's what is puzzling me too. I think Nandini should talk to him, but I am scared to let her go near that guy.

Mukti: We can stage the encounter and we will all be there around her without his knowledge.

Manik: Okay, for now lets go from here. Let his act play out.

Fab 4, Nandini and Navya reach the campus. Nandini and Navya  notice a familiar face walk into S.P.A.C.E. Academy.