Chapter 9: What do I do?

Recap: Aryaman finds Nandini at Manik's farmhouse and Manik punches him when Aryaman reveals that he loves Nandini. Manik is annoyed with Nandini because she let things get this far but he finds her in a weird state when he returns to the dining room.

Saturday, 4PM (Alia- Harshad's house)

Alia: I have been trying to call Manik for hours now and no response. He didn't even give us his address.

Just then a very worried Navya walked into the room where Alia, Dhruv and Mukti were sitting.

Mukti: What happened Navya? Why do you look so troubled?

Navya: I just spoke to Chachi, Nandini is with Manik. After last weeks events I am very concerned for her.

Mukti: What! We told her to stay away!

Navya: She was supposed to go to Aryaman's farmhouse but landed up there instead by mistake. So, please don't blame her.

Dhruv: Mil gaya.

Mukti: Kya?

Dhruv: I found Manik's farmhouse's address.

Alia: Lets go guys.

Saturday, 4:30 PM (Manik's farmhouse)

Nandini sitting on the dining table pulled Manik close to her by his collar and with her hand started to trace his bottom lip. This sudden action of Nandini activated Manik's senses. The more Nandini kept touching his lips, the more Manik's anger disappeared. His expression changed from that of annoyance to that of bewilderment. Manik didn't know how to react to Nandini's advances. He wanted to kiss her just as much as she wanted to kiss him, but he also recognized that she was not in her senses. He thought- Nandini! What are you doing to me! How will I control myself around you when you are doing such things to me! Why are you behaving like this all of a sudden?

Nandini removed her finger from his lips and pulled Manik closer to her and this time, their lips were almost in contact. Manik could hear and feel Nandini breath heavily as the distance between them reduced. His own breathing started to accelerate and his breaths rose and fell mirroring Nandini's inhalation and exhalation. Consumed by immeasurable desire and the faint smell of her rose perfume, Manik moved closer. He could see the desperation in Nandini's eyes. Nandini opened her mouth to say something when her lips brushed agaist Manik's lips. Manik felt like he was drunk by the need to be with Nandini in every possible way. Her lips felt so tender and delicate as he opened his mouth to accept her welcome.
Suddenly, Manik regained consciousness and realized he was about to kiss her without her being in complete control of herself. Although it killed him to stop, Manik slowly withdrew. Nandini tried pulling him back but this time Manik didn't budge.

Manik: Nandini. What did you drink?

Nandini: Nothing! I didn't drink anything!

Manik noticed a half full bottle of cough syrup lying on the floor. He held Nandini by both her hands to keep her steady.

Manik: Nandini, you need to sleep for sometime.

Nandini: Meeee.... Nooooo no no no... I don't want to sleeeeep. I want to sleep with youuuu!

Manik: What!
Nandini mimicked Manik's tone.
Nandini: What!
Manik realized that she needed rest and she was away from home for more than a day.
Manik: Nandini I need to take you home. You are not in your right mind.
Nandini: Nooo Manik. I am staying here with you in your room.
Manik: Nandini! You can stay in my room another day but now you need to get home.
Manik tried to pick her up but she refused to get up from the table. With some more force Manik managed to uproot her from the table. To keep her balance, she wrapped her arms around Manik's neck and the legs around his waist.

*Doorbell*
Manik walked towards the door with Nandini clinging onto him. He was met with four very surprised faces as he opened the door.
Navya: Nandini!
Mukti: Manik! What's happening here?
Manik slowly made Nandini stand up on her own feet. Nandini still wrapped her arms around Manik's neck.
Nandini: Manik. Why did you put me down? You are not doing anything properly! First you didn't finish kis...
Manik quickly placed his palm on her mouth before she could complete her sentence in front of everyone.
Dhruv: Manik! Is she okay?
Manik nodded his head.
Nandini bit Manik's palm to make him remove it.
Manik: Auch! Nandini! cough syrup overdose. She is fine, just behaving weirdly.
Nandini started playing with Manik's hair.
Nandini: Your hair na... Its soo soft!
Mukti: So, you remember her?
Manik: Why will I forget her?
Dhruv, Alia, Mukti and Navya look at each other.
Nandini pulled Manik's face closer to hers to kiss him.
Nandini: Why did you stop Manik?
Manik: Nandini!
Manik quickly made her let go of him.
Manik: Guys, I will see you all tomorrow. I have to handle her first.
Mukti: ohhhh! You mean 'handle'!
Manik: Mukti!
Dhruv: Ok Manik. Mukti leave them.
Navya: How can I leave Nandini like this?
Manik: Navya, I don't think she even realizes you all are here. I will drop her home safely.
With the realization that Manik remembered Nandini Fab 3 and Navya walked out of the farmhouse.
Manik took her in his arms and walked inside the farmhouse. He noticed that she was falling asleep in his arms.
Manik walked to his bedroom and placed her on his bed. He covered her with his black blanket and kept looking at her falling asleep peacefully.
Manik called Chachi to inform her that Nandini was still with him and that she had fallen asleep.
Manik went near Nandini and gave her a goodnight peck on her cheek when she pulled him. He was now above her on his bed within reach of her lips. Manik noticed a strand on hair on her lips. He slowly removed the strand from her lips and pushed it behind her ear. Nandini's eyes followed his every motion. Her eyes were twinkling with love, love for him.
Manik: You didn't sleep?
Nandini shook her head to signal 'no.'
Manik got up and took his guitar from the bed stand.
Manik: Hmm hmm... Hmm hmmm. Hmmm hmm...
Nandini smiled peacefully content in the presence of Manik.
Manik: Deheleez pe mere dil ki
Jo rakhe hain tune kadam
Tere naam pe meri zindagi
Likh di mere humdum...
Haan seekha maine jeena jeena kaise jeena
Haan seekha maine jeena mere humdum
Na seekha kabhi jeena jeena kaise jeena
Na seekha jeena tere bina humdum
Hmm hmm hmm hmmm...

Pre cap
Nandini: Manik! Manik... Ayyappa! Am I imagining him again?

Note 1: WARNING: Cough syrup overdose can be poisonous. Do not try!
Note 2: Sorry for giving you so many MaNan kiss-misses! ( but really thats the essence of MaNan right!) A real kiss will definitely come up soon :)
Note 3: 1K reads! Thank you all 😘