Chapter 10 A: Family

Recap: Nandini drinks too much cough syrup and behaves unlike her normal self around Manik, Fab3 and Navya. Manik sings 'jeena jeena' and puts her to sleep lovingly.

Nandini: Manik! Manik... Ayyappa! Am I imagining him again?

Manik hugged her from behind as she spoke those words out aloud in her sleep.

Manik: Shhhh Nandini. I am here.

Sunday, 7 AM ( Manik's farmhouse)

Both Manik and Nandini were awakened by the rays of sunlight that peered through the black curtains of Manik's room.

Manik: Do we have to wake up?
Nandini was shocked as she noticed Manik hugging her.

Nandini: Manik! You remember me!

Manik moved towards her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead to let her know that things were alright.

Manik: You don't remember anything from yesterday do you?

Nandini panicked but Manik hugged her tightly in bed.

Nandini: Manik, where am I?

Manik: Nandini, you drank too much cough syrup yesterday and fell asleep here.

Nandini still hadn't come out of her daze. She was still shocked to see Manik.

Nandini: Manik! Promise me that you will never ever forget me? Do you know how much that hurt.

Manik: Nandini, what are you talking about? I came back because of your love Nandini. You are my star, how will I forget you?

Manik thought looking at Nandini- First Aryaman, then Mukti and now you. Why does everyone think I forgot you, Nandini? I have to find out.

12:30 PM (Nandini's house)

Chachi: Manik remembers Nandini.

Chacha: Good. I cannot see her go through another cycle of mental stress.

Chachi: They are on their way. Let me go make something for Manik. He was the only one who appreciated my cooking!

Chacha looked at her and smiled.

12:30 PM ( Malhotra Mansion)

Nyonika received a message from Manik.

Manik's text: Nyonika, from today there is no 'give and take' between us. See you at 3PM. Game over.

Nyonika was horrified as she read the text. She thought- Does he know?

1PM (Nandini's house)

Chachi opened the door and saw Manik and Nandini standing outside. With a cheerful smile and a warm hug, she welcomed the couple into the house.

Chachi: Come, come, come in Manik beta!

Manik: Chachi, Chacha and my Champ!

Both Chacha and Rishabh hugged Manik.

Nandini walked up the stairs and Manik looked at her longing to go upstairs with her. Even a minute away from her felt like an eternity for him.

Manik: Can I use the washroom?

Chachi: Sure Manik. Go upstairs. This is like your house, you do not have to ask every time.

Manik got up from the sofa and walked upstairs quickly without showing his hurry.

Nandini's room door was closed, so Manik knocked.

Nandini: Kaun hai?

Manik: Aur kaun!

Nandini: I left you downstairs just a minute ago and you are here already.

Manik: What to do, I can't exist a minute without you. Open the door.

Nandini opened the door and let Manik in. He immediately locked the door and pinned her to the wall holding her hands, pressed against the wall.

Nandini: Even I want to be with you too, but sab log niche hain. We have to go down soon. Or else...

Manik dipped his head and puffed warm air on Nandini's neck.

Manik: Or else what?
Nandini closed her eyes.

Nandini: Aaa... Manik!

Manik closed in the gap between them and nuzzled her neck with his nose. He lifted his head a little bit and placed a soft kiss on her neck. Nandini turned her head to the opposite direction as an involuntary reaction to Manik's kiss. Nandini could feel each of his breaths against her skin. Manik noticed Nandini gasp. Both of them were engrossed in the moment when they heard voices outside.

Chachi: Manik beta, where are you? I made something special for you.

Manik reluctantly let go of Nandini and she ran and opened the door. Thankfully, Chachi wasn't waiting outside. They both went down together.

Manik: Chachi, you do not know how much I missed your yummy food!

Chachi: Haii, he missed my food! Kitna sona Munda hai! I made Sambar topping pizza especially for you!

Manik looked at Nandini with an expression that conveyed 'I got myself into this didn't I'

Manik ate the pizza, even though it tasted horrible, because he knew that Chachi made it with love. Manik realized something at that moment; he had become a part of their family. For the first time in his life, he had a complete family filled with love and care.

Manik: Nandini, I have to speak to you for a minute.

Manik and Nandini went outside the house.

Manik: I have taken an important decision and I want you to be by my side whatever happens.

Nandini: I will, hamesha.