Chapter 7: For His Star

The story so far: Manik comes back to Mumbai but doesn't remember Nandini and thinks he is dating Alia. Aryaman in a failed attempt to make Nandini his, calls her to his farmhouse. Nandini ends up in Manik's farmhouse instead and Manik wakes up remembering her. Manik and Nandini make rasam and Manik feeds her because he thinks she is still weak from the night she spent outside banished by the monster.

Saturday, 2.30PM (Aryaman's house)

Aryaman thought to himself- I kept calling Nandini but she is not reachable. What happened to her? My whole plan flopped! Aryaman... Aryaman... Think.

Aryaman decided to call her house to check if she was there.

Aryaman: Nandini?

Voice: Hello, Nandini is not home. Who is this?

Aryaman: Chachi? Nandini was supposed to meet me yesterday. She didn't come and I haven't been able to get through to her.

Chachi: Beta, she didn't come home because Manik didn't remember her and nobody could have dropped her so late in the night.

Aryaman: Manik!!! Thank you Chachi.

Aryaman disconnected the call and thought- Manik! Thats where she is. Why is she with him? The same guy, who pushed her and locked her in a room. I have to go there now.

Aryaman somehow found the address and it was very close to the farmhouse he had booked.

2:30 PM (Alia & Harshad's house)

Alia: No call from Manik and we have no idea where he is.

Mukti: Let him be by himself. Maybe that will help.

Dhruv: I think we should talk to his doctors.

Alia: Yes, but he hasn't told us anything about his doctors or his treatment let alone what exactly happened.

Mukti: Nyonika!

Dhruv looks around searching for Nyonika.

Mukti: Arre! She is not here. We should ask her. She might give us information.

Alia: Lets try.

Mukti dialed Nyonika's number

Nyonika: Hello

Mukti: I will not take much of your time; just give us Manik's doctors phone number.

Nyonika panics.

Nyonika: Mukti, I will handle his doctors.

With that Nyonika cuts the call.

Dhruv: Nyonika is involved with something. I don't know what, but she is. And this Manik was calling her 'mom' last week. Chalo, lets find him. We have to let him know.

Saturday, 3PM (Manik's farmhouse)

Nandini: Manik, I have to shower.

Manik: No, not when you have fever. I will help you.

Nandini: WHAT!!!

Manik: Sponge bath, what did you think?

Nandini: Nothing, thats what I thought... sp..onge baaath.

Manik: Chi chi chi Nandini! You thought 'that'!

Nandini started to blush and looked around.

Manik without saying a word picked her up and started to walk with her in his arms. Nandini started to protest by kicking her legs.

Manik: Remember, I cut my finger, if you keep kicking me I will really drop you.

Nandini: You won't. *Cough*