Chapter 27: Meeting

Recap: Dhruv spoke his heart out to Alia and she asked him for time. Nyonika is worried Manik will destroy her. Manik is taking Nandini on a surprise date.

Wednesday, 6:30 PM
Nandini had dozed off in the car owing to all the stress she was exposed to in the last few days.
Manik: Nandini, wake up. We have reached.
Nandini: Hmmm...
Manik was still sitting on the drivers seat, he took Nandini's hand and kissed it.
Manik: Nandini, wake up.
Nandini slowly opened her eyes and noticed it had become dark and the car was parked near a big house.
Nandini: Drive more na.
Manik: I am not your driver, miss Murthy. Now come.
Nandini: let me sleep for 2 more minutes.
Manik got out of the car and stretched after the drive. He waited and Nandini was in no mood to get up. So, he opened the door and carried her in his arms.
Nandini: Manik. Put me down! Manik!!!!
Manik: You left me with no choice!
He put her down as they reached the door of the house.

6:30 PM
In Mumbai, Nyonika was still shocked as she thought that person she called will help her. Or at least return the favour. Harshad wasn't an option anymore and she had decided to leave Mumbai to escape Manik.
Nyonika: Manik and his dad have resources to track me if I travel within India. Aryaman! He is from the US right!
Nyonika on the phone: Hello Mr. Khurana...

6:45 PM
Manik and Nandini were standing outside the door of a very big house. Manik rang the bell and they waited.

Nandini: Were are we?
Manik: In Pune. To meet dad.
Nandini: What!!! Your dad!
Manik: Yes!
Nandini: Manik! I am not ready for this! I mean he is your dad.
Manik: You look so cute when you are nervous.
Nandini hit his arm to make him understand that she was serious.
Manik: Ok! What are you worried about! Its just my dad. I want you both to meet.
Nandini: I want to meet him too, but you should have told me na! I could have been prepared.
Manik laughed: Its really funny seeing you like this. Where is confident miss Murthy?
Their conversation was interrupted by a man who opened the door.
Man: Manik Sir, Sir andar hai.
Manik: Thank you.

Manik and Nandini walked into the house. Nandini looked at the surroundings. It was a beautiful house with expensive furniture. It had less windows compared to Malhotra Mansion in Mumbai. Nevertheless, it was beautiful.

Mr. Malhotra: Manik! And you must be Nandini.
Nandini looked at Manik and then at his dad and smiled.
Mr. Malhotra: I heard a lot of good things about you from my son!
Nandini didn't know how to respond to him.
Nandini: Thank you? 
Mr. Malhotra: I would have loved to stay and talk to you, but I have a meeting soon. If you both stay the night here, we could speak tomorrow morning.
Manik: Thanks dad. Bye.

Nandini: Manik! How can we stay here? I haven't informed Chachi!
Manik: Tell her you are with Navya.
Nandini: Manik! I am not going to lie to her.
Manik: You know what! We should get married. Then no Chachi problem!
Nandini: Manik! How dare you call her a problem!
Manik: I just said that I want to marry you and you ignore that and say how dare you?
Manik pulled the phone from her hand.
Nandini: MANIK!
Manik: Ok sorry! I will take permission for you.
Manik dialled Chachi before Nandini could protest further.

On the phone-
Manik: Hi Chachi
Chachi: Manik beta! How are you now? Nandini is with you right?
Manik: Good Chachi and yes she is, but Dad wants to meet Nandini and he is busy now. Can Nandini stay here tonight?
Chachi: No problem. Have fun.

Manik thought- sure we will!
Chachi thought- he is such a sona munda.

Nandini was shocked that Chachi gave permission just like that without any questions asked.