Chapter 24: Fearless

Recap: Manik is diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder. Dr. Sharma  tells Nandini that Manik has two distinct identities, his original which loves Nandini and an auxiliary which thinks he is still with Alia. That is the reason why Manik wants to kill Nandini, so that his other personality can be with Alia.

Wednesday, 11:30 AM ( Dr. Sharma's clinic)
Nandini: How can we make him normal?

Dr. Sharma: There is no way to go back to 'normal.' This is the new normal Nandini, but...  the original identity loves you a lot Nandini. If you can win over the other personality, then he won't try to harm you... He will keep switching personalities so it might be difficult to get through to him though.

Dr. Sharma: Manik, is not stable with his personalities yet. So, I couldn't let him now and you shouldn't either until its safe for him.

For the first time, Dr. Sharma gave her some hope. A hope that their love will survive the toughest battles. A hope that true love will win hamesha. She remembered Manik's words "I love you Nandini. Thank you for understanding me, for changing me, for being my star." I will be your star hamesha Manik. Hamesha. She thought. He has also told her that he could fall in love with her again and again... And that have her an idea. A chance to win back Manik's heart ( the other Manik's). If we fell in love once Manik, why not again! If this is the challenge you are giving me, I accept it. Game on Mr. Manik Malhotra.
She walked out and saw Manik standing with Fab 3.
Nandini ( in a commanding tone): I want to speak to you guys.
Manik walked towards her angrily.
Nandini: No, not you. I meant my friends. Navya, Dhruv, Mukti and Alia.
Manik was shocked as they left his side and walked towards her.
Manik: Guys!
Alia: Manik, we will be back. Wait.
Manik stared at Nandini and thought- First she took me away from Alia, now she is taking my friends. I have to do something.
Nandini took the gang a distance away from Manik so that he doesn't hear anything. She didn't like hiding things from him since Manik said that only lies can break them apart. This time, she needed to do this for him.
Mukti: What happened? What did the doctor say?
Nandini took a deep breath and responded.
Nandini: He has Multiple Personality Disorder.
All of them in unison: WHAT!
Dhruv: Why! Like what happened?
Nandini: The accident triggered the anomaly in his brain. The original Manik, is normal and remembers everything. But... The other Manik...
Alia: thinks he loves me.
Nandini nodded.
Navya: Par yeh kaise ho sakta, Manik loves you na?
Nandini: He does. At least one Manik. He will keep switching identities and we have to be watchful.
Mukti: What do we do now?
Nandini: From now on you all are Fab5, and I am the new girl who joined SPACE, when he is the monster.
Alia: So we don't tell him?
Nandini: No.
Dhruv: But Nandini... He can hurt you.!
Nandini: Let him do what he wants, if I handled the monster once, I can handle him again. Right now he is in monster mode, go be with him.
They all walked out towards Manik.
Manik: What did that little thing say?
Alia: Nothing, she is so annoying.
Manik put his hand around Alia and they walked out while Nandini watched smiling.
Nandini thought- Manik, nothing in this world scares me, not anymore. From the day you said that you love me, I know you will always come back to me. Not even you can stop me from entering your life again. I am fearless Manik, because I have to do this for you, for us. For MaNan.

Notes:
Chapter is unedited- let me know if you find mistakes
I guess the title " whom does he love" and the story synopsis will now make sense. " can Nandini change the monster Nyonika created into a human again?" But thats not all, more of the monster, the majnu and new mysteries coming up!