Chapter 10: Welcome Back Past

CHAPTER 10

"Aaron, what the hell are you doing here?!" I shouted once I got my thoughts sorted out.

"Look Janelle I know we haven't talked in 3 years, but I want to talk to you now," Aaron said getting up from the couch and trying to grab my hand.

"Don't touch me," I said as I pulled my hand away. "What makes you think that I will talk to you? I tried talking to you for the past 3 years, but you never replied back!"

"I know it's just –"

"MOM!" I yelled interrupting him.

"Please Janelle! I just want to make things right!" I put my hands over my ears, not wanting to hear anything he has to say. I mean he practically did the same thing to me for the past 3 years.

"Aaron I think it's time for you to go," my mom said finally coming into the living room and guiding Aaron towards the door. Before my mom could finally get him out of the house, he set something on the side table near the door.

"Look when you're ready to talk there's my number just in case," Aaron said gesturing to the paper he left on the side table. As he walked past me, I didn't even bother to turn around to face him or say goodbye to him. I heard the door close and a car driving away.

"Mom why didn't you tell me that Aaron was here?!" I asked facing my mom.

"I'm sorry honey. He said he just wanted to talk to you. Besides if I did tell you that the emergency was Aaron you would have never come and he would be here all night waiting for you. What did he say?"

"He just said that he wanted to talk to me.'

"Why didn't you?" my mom asked.

"Because I tried talking to him before! He never replied, never texted back, never called me back!" I shouted. After saying all that I started crying. Why now? After 3 years he just suddenly decides to appear back into my life?!

"Come here honey," my mom said bringing me into a hug.

""W-Why now M-Mom?" Why now w-when I was f-finally getting over h-him?" When Aaron and I dated, I thought he was the one. The one I was going to spend the rest of my life with, but I was proven wrong. That's why it has taken me this long to finally get over him. But suddenly he just shows up at my house? Now what?

            After my crying session with my mom, I walked up to my room and just laid there on my bed. I kept looking at the paper with Aaron's number on it. Yes I grabbed it before I came to my room. Should I call him? I decided I might as well call him and see what he has to say. I guess I just need closure. I took my phone and dialed his number.

"Janelle?" I heard Aaron ask.

"Ok talk," I said.

 "Look I just want to say that I'm really sorry for what happened three years ago. I know what happened was immature and stupid. I should've talked to you about it face to face."

"Then why didn't you?" I rudely asked.

"Because I was scared."

"Why did you even break up with me? You left me hanging for three years! After that phone call, I tried calling you back, texting you, but nothing!"

"I know and I'm sorry. It was a stupid thing my friends did."

"What do you mean 'a stupid thing my friends did?'"

"I guess I should explain."

"That would be nice." I said rolling my eyes.

"Well on the day that phone call happened, I was telling my friends all about you, how nice you were, what kind of things you like to do. Then all of a sudden they took my phone and ran away. They came back telling me that they broke off my relationship with you so that they could have their old Aaron back. I regret not chasing after them Janelle and especially not calling you back. I'm so sorry."