Chapter 45: My Heart

CHAPTER 45

“One Direction to stage please. One Direction to stage,” some computer voice said over the intercom.

“Well that’s our cue,” Liam said getting up from his seat. I went to each of the boys and wished them a good luck.

“Hey Harry?” I said as he came after Zayn.

“Yeah?”

“Is it alright if I talk to you after the show?” I tried talking to him yesterday, but it was like he was trying to ignore me. I did what Zayn said, which was to try talk to him in the morning, but as soon as I followed into the kitchen, he went out the back door. He never returned until late last night with yet another girl. This time her name was Charlotte.

“Sure,” Harry said as he continued walking. Next up was Niall.

“So will I get more than just a hug and a good luck?” Niall asked grinning.

“What is this I see? Mr. Horan, are you actually trying to take advantage of me?” I asked.

“You know I only do it out of love,” he said inching his face closer to me.

“Hey, good luck out there,” I said looking up into his big blue eyes. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he said finally putting his lips on mine. “Hey wanna go out on a date after the concert?”

“Sure, but after I talk to Harry.”

 **********

“So what did you want to talk to me about?” Harry said as we settled in his room once we returned back from the concert.

“Harry, are you alright?” I hesitantly asked. “The boys have been telling me that you have been getting drunk every night for the past few days and that you’ve been bringing home a different girl each night.”

“It’s none of your business Janelle,” Harry replied back turning his face away from me.

“Yes it is! Harry, you’re considered one of my best friends!” I shouted.

“Yeah. Remember when I was just more than your best friend?” he scoffed.

“Stop with the bitchy attitude Harry! Are you still trying to get over me?”

“So what if I am? It doesn’t matter.”

“Join me and Niall tonight on our date.”

“What? Won’t that be weird?”

“Just trust me on this,” I said placing my hand over his.

“Fine,” he said caving in. “Lets just get this over with,” he said grabbing his coat and storming out of his room.

 **********

“Janelle, who are we waiting for?” Niall asked as we were waiting outside of Nando’s with Harry. We’ve been waiting there for the past 10 minutes.

“Just hold on. She’ll be here soon,” I said looking around, and that’s when I spotted her a few yards away. “Ashley! Over here!”

“Ashley?” Harry asked. She caught up to us and I gave her a huge hug.

“Glad you could make it,” I told Ashley. “Sorry for the late notice.”

“It’s fine,” she said releasing me. “Hey guys,” Ashley said turning to Niall and Harry. I saw her look at Harry and I couldn’t help but notice her cheeks turn a slight pink.