Chapter 39: Yes

CHAPTER 39

*Janelle’s P.O.V.*

Well today is the day. I finally get to go home. With the help of my parents, I changed into a shirt and a pair of sweats. The boys helped me get into a wheelchair and I was all set to go.

“You ready?” Darcy said as she came in through the door.

“I think so,” I said catching my breath. “Thanks Darcy for watching over me this past week.”

“Thank you for being an easy patient to work with,” she said laughingly. “Here. Have my number. Maybe we can hang out someday,” Darcy said handing me a small piece of paper.

“Definitely,” I said grabbing it. “Alright guys. Lets go home,” I happily said turning to my family and the boys. And with that we were off. Niall pushed my wheelchair out the door and we took the elevator down to the lobby.

            We reached the lobby and right outside the door was a wave of paparazzi and fans. No. Not again. They were all plastered against the doors; flashing cameras, questions being yelled out, screams filling the air.

“Janelle, you alright?” I heard Harry ask from beside me.

“I-Is there another way out?” I said shakily.

“Good thing I called Paul earlier and told him to come pick us up in the back,” Liam said smiling.

“Thanks Liam,” I said smiling. So Niall turned my wheelchair around and we headed to the back of the building. Right outside the door was Paul with the van and my parents’ car right behind him. Everyone helped me in and then we were off again to home sweet home.

We reached the house and there waiting for me was not a welcome home party. Instead, police were crowded around the house, as well as more paparazzi, and more fans.

“What are they all doing here?” I asked annoyed by it.

“I’m sorry Janelle,” Harry said as he grabbed my hand and held it in a comforting way.

“You ready to get out?” Paul asked.

“Well I gotta get out sometime right?” I said preparing myself.

“That’s the attitude,” Paul said getting out of the van to prepare my wheelchair. In a matter of a few seconds, Paul opened the door and the boys headed out first. As soon as they all got out, they turned around to help me out. There were cameras and flashes everywhere. Questions were being yelled out, and I was getting claustrophobic again.

“Do you know who pushed you off the roof?”

“Did you have a nice stay at the hospital?”

“What do you plan on doing now that you’re out?”

“Do you think Niall pushed you off?” That does it. Nobody bad mouths my best friend.

“HEY!” I shouted catching the attention of everybody. “I don’t care what anybody has to say, but I do no think, wait, I know that Niall didn’t push me off the roof. It was some bastard that is now too much of a coward to show his face. So if you’re watching this,” I said pointing to a camera. “You will never get away with this. We will find you and you will go to jail for this.”

“Ok everyone clear a path!” Paul shouted, and everyone did, sort of. But once again, the flashing continued and new questions were being blasted out. In a mater of minutes I finally reached the inside of my house.

“Honey! Are you ok?” my mom said as she rushed over to me.

“I’m fine Mom,” I simply replied. I looked around the house and there were just police everywhere. “Mom, what are the police doing inside the house?” I asked.