Chapter 20: Goodbye School

CHAPTER 20

Today is the last concert I’ll ever do for my high school band. I’m first chair and I had this huge solo in one of the songs we’re performing. I really do hope the boys will come. It would really mean a lot to me.

            I looked in the mirror and looked at my black dress matching with my black heels and my hair in a bun. If you just saw me in the street you would think that I’m going to funeral, but this is the uniform. Yes I know it sucks.

“Ready to go honey?” my mom asked coming into my room. I nodded my head and we headed downstairs.

“Did the boys tell you if they were coming today?” I asked my mom.

“No I assumed that they would tell you if they’re able to come or not.”

“They didn’t tell me anything,” I sadly said. I grabbed my phone and saw nothing; no texts, no calls, nothing. We went into the car and drove over to the auditorium.

The first half of the concert went by pretty fast, and now it’s time for my band class to go on. As we were setting up for our portion, I looked out into the crowd and I saw my family there, but I didn’t see the boys there.

            My class started our portion and it was time for my solo. My heart was thumping and my fingers were all shaky. I managed to make it through though. It wasn’t perfect but it didn’t sound that bad either. At the end of the song, my conductor asked me to stand to be recognized so I did. I stood up and smiled at the crowd. I saw Ashley, my family, and even Aaron, but still no boys.

            The concert was over now and as I was walking outside, people were congratulating me, telling me that I did a good job, and other stuff. I reached my family and they were all waiting for me.

“Congratulations honey!” my mom shouted and running over to me to give me a hug.

“Good job sis,” CeCe said.

“Did the boys come?” I asked all of them.

“You did great,” I heard from behind me, and I knew that Irish accent too well. I turned around and I saw all 5 boys standing there. I couldn’t even say anything. I just ran up to them gave them all hugs, except for Harry. When I went over to Harry, when I tried to hug him, he pulled out his hand instead, signaling just a handshake. Weird.

“Where were you guys?! I didn’t see you guys in the audience!” I shouted.

“That was sort of the point,” Louis said. “We wanted it to be a surprise. And besides, we didn’t really want to cause a scene.”

“Good point. So would you guys like to join us for dinner?” I asked.

“Where to?” Niall asked.

“I actually don’t know. My parents said it’s a surprise, but its somewhere in town.”

“Sure we would like to join,” Liam said. So I joined my family in their car as the boys took off in theirs. My dad started driving and the boys followed behind. As we were driving, something about the way we were taking seemed familiar. We stopped at the restaurant, so I guess my parents are doing valet parking and the boys did the same. I looked in and it was the same restaurant Harry and I went to for our date!

“Oh my gosh! Harry! This is the same restaurant we went to!” I said as I looked over at Harry. But instead of seeing his usual cheeky grin, I saw him nod and look down at the ground.

“What’s going on honey?” my mom asked coming over to me as we walked in.

“This is the same restaurant Harry took me to on our 2nd date, but Harry doesn’t seem so excited about it.”