Chapter 16: Pancakes and A Horrible Interview

CHAPTER 16

“JANELLE!” I heard someone yell. I jolted up from my sleep and I could barely even see out of my right eye. It must’ve swollen shut over the night. I looked around and saw a surprised Niall looking at me from the couch. “What the hell happened to you?!” He asked jumping up from the couch and coming over to me.

“It’s fine Niall,” I said situating myself.

“What’s going on is everything alright?!” I heard my dad yell as everyone else came downstairs.

“Everything’s fine. Niall just saw my eye,” I said fully up now.

“What the hell happened to you?” Niall said again, but lowering his voice this time. But I could tell that he was still angry. “Did Aaron do this to you?!”

“Some guy was creeping me out while we went out to get coffee and Aaron saw. Aaron then started a fight with him. I tried stopping them, but when the other guy threw a punch, Aaron dodged it causing it to hit me. I’m perfectly fine,” I said explaining to everyone.

“Honey why don’t you go wash up and I’ll get you a new bag of ice,” my mom said examining my eye. I nodded my head and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and now I know why Niall reacted the way that he did. My eye looked bad. Blue and purple surrounded my whole eye and it was badly swollen. The swelling was pretty bad, my eye wasn’t completely swollen shut, but it almost was. I washed my face and tried my best to avoid contact with my eye because it would just hurt too much. I finished up and walked back out. My dad was preparing breakfast while my mom and Niall were making a bag of ice.

            Niall saw me and quickly zipped the bag up. I took a seat next to CeCe and he walked over to me.

“Here you go,” Niall, said carefully placing a towel over the bag of ice and placing it on my eye.

“Thanks,” I said as I held them in place. Niall took the seat next to me and my dad finished off the pancakes he was making. He made me a plate and I tried to eat them. I grabbed my fork, stuck it into the pancake and I had to bend down to my plate in order to eat it, since my other hand was busy holding the towel and bag of ice. My hair kept going into my face so after every bite I would have to use my free hand to put my hair back. Niall must’ve saw that I was struggling because he grabbed the fork out of my hands.

“Here let me help,” he said as he started cutting up my pancakes. Once he finished cutting up the pancakes, I was about to grab my fork back when Niall poked it through a piece of pancake and started to feed me.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I just took the bite.

“Feeding you. What else does it look like?” He asked back still feeding me.

“You realize that I can feed myself now right,” I said gesturing to the cut up pancakes. “And what about your food?”

“I finished,” he gladly said. I looked over to his plate and sure enough it was already emptied. “Besides your hands are busy holding the towel and bag of ice.”

“Only one of my hands,” I said rising up my empty hand. “I got it Niall,” I said as I tried to grab my fork back.

“Don’t worry about it Janelle,” Niall said as he just continued to feed me. I smiled and just let him go. Then I felt eyes were just watching us. I looked around the kitchen and I saw my mom, dad, and CeCe smiling at us.

“What?” I asked mid-bite.

“Oh nothing,” my dad said as everyone went back to their own things. Weird. I continued on eating and right when I finished eating Niall’s phone went off.