Chapter 53: Visiting

CHAPTER 53

*Niall’s P.O.V.*

“Niall, I can’t keep doing this.”

“Please. I’m begging you. Just please,” I pleaded.

“We can’t keep hiding this!”

“Yes we can,” I said. “Just leave me to it ok? I promise. Everything will be fine. Just please don’t tell her.”

“Niall! I’m her best friend!”

“Well you haven’t been around lately,” I muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing. Just please Ashley?”

“Niall, why are you putting so much effort into hiding this secret? We were both drunk and it was a mistake,” Ashley said pacing around my room.

“Because I’m scared about how she’s going to react ok? Call me a wimp but wouldn’t you be scared if you had sex with someone else besides your boyfriend?”

“I see your point, but she’ll understand that it was just a mistake.”

“I’ve seen her mad at me before and I don’t want that to happen again. Just please Ashley. I’ll tell her I promise,” I said practically begging her.

“Fine, but if you don’t tell her. I will. And I’ll tell her your other secrets too,” she said storming out of the room.

**********

*Janelle’s P.O.V.*

“Thanks for coming with me, Louis,” I said entering the police station.

“No problem, Janelle,” he said closing the door behind us. “I still don’t get why you didn’t tell Niall about this.”

“He’s been through enough Louis. I don’t want him to worry about me all the time. He needs his own life too.”

“We all worry about Janelle,” Louis said looking straight into my eyes.

“Let’s just get this done with,” I said turning away. I looked around and saw Officer McCarthy at his desk towards the back. I approached him just as he was finishing a phone call.

“Hi Ms. Evergreen and Mr. Tomlinson. Please take a seat,” he said reorganizing things on his desk. “So what do you have for me?”

“This,” I said. I handed him the note that I had received that night of Niall and I’s date a few nights ago. The words stuck in my mind like they were forever stapled there to scare me at night as I fell asleep. But I couldn’t sleep. Everywhere I went, everything that I did, I had to keep one eye behind me to make sure that he wasn’t there watching me.