Chapter 15: Only With Aaron

CHAPTER 15

“So I decided that we would just watch a movie tonight and then go grab a coffee after or something,” Aaron said while driving.

“Sounds good to me,” I said just staring through the window.

“So is Harry like your new boyfriend or something?”

“No. We only went out on a coupe of dates. He hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet,” I bluntly said. “So when did you move back?”

“Just a few weeks ago. I convinced my parents to move back here so that I could graduate with all my friends and so that I could find you,” Aaron said glancing at me. I smiled back and then I felt myself blush? No!

“We’re here,” Aaron said pulling into the parking lot of the theater. “What do you want to watch?” Aaron asked walking up to the ticket booths.

“What do you suggest?” I asked.

“Well Clash of the Titans came out. Wanna watch that?”

“Sure,” I said nodding my head. We got our popcorn and drinks and got in right before the movie started.

*Niall’s P.O.V.*

I saw Janelle leave with Aaron and I meant it when I told Aaron to keep her safe. I didn’t want Janelle to go but it was her decision not mines.

“Did Aaron leave with Janelle?” Janelle’s Mom asked as she stepped into the hallway.

“Yeah they just left. Um is it ok if I just stay here until Janelle comes back?” I asked hesitantly.

“No problem,” she said as she began cleaning up the dining table. “May I ask why?”

“It’s just that I want to make sure that she comes home unhurt emotionally or physically,” I responded. She nodded her head and I went in the living room to watch some TV. After about 20 minutes I got super bored. I got up from the couch and went up to Janelle’s room.

            I walked in and the first thing I noticed was the board hanging above her bed. It was filled with just pictures of us together when we were in middle school and high school. I even saw the picture she took right before I auditioned for the XFactor.

*Flashback*

“Mr. Horan you’re up next in 5 minutes,” one of the stage crewmen said to us. I nodded my head and took a deep breath.

“You’re gonna do fine honey,” my mom said rubbing my back.

“What if I sound horrible? What if I mess up?”

“You’ve sung in front of people before. And I heard you sing before. You’ll do great!” Janelle said to me.

“But not in front of hundreds of people! And what if my nerves get to me? My whole future lies in 4 people’s hands!” I said starting to breathe heavily.

 “Hey,” Janelle said grabbing a hold of my shoulders. “Just remember that your mom and me are going to be right here cheering you on whether you make it or not. We believe in you.”

“Thanks I really needed that,” I said as I smiled at her.

“One minute Mr. Horan,” the same stage crewman said to me. I nodded my head and my mom, Janelle, and I went into a group hug.

“Quick picture before you go?” Janelle said holding up her camera.

“Niall?” I heard from behind me.