Chapter 21: I Don't Hate You

CHAPTER 21

*Janelle’s P.O.V.*

“Hey guys!” I shouted as I finally saw the boys coming over to me.  The crowd finally died down and it looked like the boys were the last ones for me. “Where were you guys?” I asked.

“Well when the ceremony ended we tried following your family, but people kept bumping into us and we lost them. We actually saw Aaron and went to him first since we couldn’t find you,” Liam said.

“Aaron? I didn’t know you guys were friends with him,” I said starting to take off some of my leis.

“Well since we knew him we thought it would just be nice to pop by,” Liam stated.

“Oh that’s nice of you guys. And speaking of Aaron,” I said as I saw Aaron walking over to us.

“Congratulations Janelle!” Aaron said giving me a hug and a lei.

“Congratulations to you too Aaron!” I said as I hugged him back.

“Picture!” I heard Aaron’s mom say. We turned towards his parents and Aaron’s dad snapped the picture, and my parents did the same as well.

“I’m actually going to a party after this. Do you want to come Janelle?” Aaron asked.

“I’m actually going over to the boys’ house after this. Sorry Aaron,” I said apologetically.

“Oh that’s fine,” Aaron, said sounding disappointed. “Maybe next time?”

“Sure. Sounds good to me. Bye Aaron!” I said as he left.

“JAAANNNNEEELLLEEEE!!!!” I heard from a distance. I looked around and I saw Ashley running over to me.

“ASSSSHHHLLEEEYYYY!!” I screamed as I ran over to her and gave her hug.

“I can’t believe we actually did it! Wait. Hold up. Is that One-. OH MY GOSH THAT IS ONE DIRECTION!” Ashley screamed as she looked behind me.

“Quiet down Ashley! Yes Ashley that is One Direction,” I said trying to calm her down.

“W-What? H-How the hell d-do you know O-One D-Direction?” she asked trying to get her senses together. “And why did you not tell me?!”

“Boys I would like you to meet my best friend from school, Ashley,” I said facing the boys. “And Ashley, this is Zayn, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Harry. Also known as One Direction,” I said facing Ashley.

“Nice meeting you Ashley,” Liam said.

“Ok tell me now,” Ashley demanded.

“Niall was actually my best friend since middle school. I met the other boys about a month ago,” I told Ashley.

“Niall was your best friend since middle school?! And you met the rest of them a month ago?! Why have not told me this before?!”

“It never popped up,” I sheepishly said.

“Janelle!” Ashley screamed staring at me.

“Sorry Ashley! But hey! You know them now,” I said smiling at her.

“Ok I forgive you. I have to go, BUT you have to invite me on the next outing with them.”

“I promise,” I said rising up my hand.

“Bye Janelle! Oh! And congratulations!” she said as she left.

“Bye Ashley! And same to you!” I shouted.

“So you ready to go?” Louis asked as I turned back around.

“Yeah let me just go get my things in the car,” I replied. The boys nodded their head and we both headed off to our cars. I walked to my dad’s car with the rest of the family behind me. As I opened up the trunk I saw a note taped onto to my duffel bag.