Chapter 12: New Classmates

CHAPTER 12

“Janelle?” Niall said as he turned around.

“Niall what are you doing here?” I asked as I took a seat in the swing next to him.

“Just came here to think,” he said. “What are you doing here?”

“I came here to think too.”

“About what?” he asked curiously. Should I tell him that I heard everything from the fight between Harry and him?

“Just stuff,” I replied back.

“Oh I see……Janelle? Can I ask you something?”

“Sure thing,” I happily replied.

“Do you really like Harry?” I had to think about this. Do I even really like Harry?

“I don’t know,” I replied back looking at the sand on the ground. “I think I might, but it’s not certain.” I looked back over to Niall and he was looking down at the ground too.

“Janelle if you were hiding a secret from your best friend would you tell them the secret? Niall asked.

“Yeah I would,” I answered back. What does he mean by that?

“But what if this secret could hurt the person?”

“I guess you wouldn’t know that unless you tell them. Niall are you hiding something from me?” I asked suspecting something.

“No I’m not,” Niall said a little too quickly. “Hey you wanna do something Friday night? Just the two of us?”

“I actually have a date with Harry on Friday night,” I said sadly.

“Oh…”

“But hey! We can do something Saturday!”

“Sounds great,” Niall replied happily. “I’m gonna head home. Need a ride?”

“Nah I think I’m gonna stick around a little more,” I replied.

“You sure?” Niall asked standing up from the swing.

“Yeah don’t worry.”

‘Hey see you Saturday?” Niall said smiling.

“See you Saturday Niall,” I said smiling back. Niall walked off towards his car and I stayed by the swing set. After about 10 minutes I heard someone walking by.

“Hello? Somebody there?” I yelled out looking around.

“Sorry didn’t know anyone else was here,” I heard from the darkness. A person walked up and I saw that it was a girl. She had hazel eyes, brown hair, and was about the same height as me, which is 5’4”. Yes I know that I am short.

“Oh its ok,” I said to her as she walked up to me. “What’s your name?” I asked her.

“Ashley. And yours?’ she asked me.

“Janelle. Nice to meet you!” I gladly said. “So what are you doing here this late at night?”

“Just decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I actually just moved down the road from here today.”

“Oh cool! You’re gonna love it here! I actually live down the road too!” I looked at my watch and dang it was late. It was around 10. “Wow it’s getting late. Do you want to walk home with me?” I asked her.

“Sure!” We walked out of the park and started our way towards home.

“So where did you move from?” I asked Ashley.