Chapter 32: Reminiscing the Night

CHAPTER 32

So today is June 15, my 18th birthday. I haven’t really talked to the boys for the past couple weeks. After reading all that hate that one-day, I just knew I didn’t want it anymore, so I listened to the fans.

            The boys would text me and stuff, and I would occasionally text them back, but not too much. And when they would ask if I wanted to hang out with them, I would just tell them that I was busy when the truth was that I was completely free. Lately, I’ve been hanging out with Ashley and yes, even Aaron.

“Honey, you ready?” my dad asked from my bedroom doorway. I looked over my outfit and my make-up: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=94987404 and followed my dad downstairs.

Today I was just having a small birthday/graduation party in the backyard. My parents invited some family, while I only invited Ashley and Aaron. In school, Niall was practically my only friend. I mean I did have other friends, but I would always be hanging out with Niall more than anybody else.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANELLE!” Ashley shouted as I came out of the house. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95136466

“Thank you Ashley,” I said laughingly.

“There’s the birthday girl!” my mom said coming over to me and giving me a hug.

“There you are Janelle,” Aaron said popping out from behind me. “Thanks again for inviting me. Happy birthday,” Aaron said hugging me.

“No problem Aaron. Thanks for coming,” I said hugging him back. From our last hang out together, Aaron hasn’t tried anything. He’s just been a super good friend to me, and I think I’m starting to trust him again. “So is everyone here yet?” I asked my mom.

“Not yet,” my mom said looking around. “There are still a few guests that should be coming pretty soon. Why don’t you go get some drinks in the meantime?”

“Sounds good,” I said walking off with Ashley and Aaron.

“So when is my next day with One Direction?” Ashley asked out of random.

“Ashley, are you only friends with me because I’m friends with One Direction?” I asked jokingly.

“Of course not!” Ashley said. “Ok. Maybe I am. I’m just kidding Janelle! Do you not remember that I was already friends with you before I knew that you were friends with them?”

“Oh yeah,” I said.

“And speaking of One Direction,” Aaron said jumping into our conservation. “I haven’t seen them around lately. What happened to them?”

“Oh nothing,” I said. “It’s just with their busy schedules and everything, I didn’t want to interfere.”

“JAAAANNNEEEELLLLLLYYYYY!!!!” I heard someone yell. Oh no. It can’t be. I turned around and there I saw Louis running over to me. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD FART!” Louis shouted as he hugged me.

“Louis?” I asked. I looked towards the fence entrance to our backyard and there I saw the other boys coming in, as well as Eleanor and Danielle.

“And now everyone’s here!” my mom exclaimed.

“Mom can I talk to you?” I asked.

“Sure,” my mom replied.

“Excuse me Louis,” I said politely, and I walked back into the house with my mom following right behind me. “Mom, what are the boys doing here?”

“Their here for your birthday party of course!”

“Who invited them?” I asked.

“I did,” my mom said. “Is there something wrong with that?”