6. The Park

Shay's outfit on the side :)
-------------------------------
I decided I needed to talk to Tommy about when exactly the video was. Or at least ask around to see if anyone knew. I texted Tommy,

Can we talk?

He texted back two minutes later,

Sure can I come over?

I told him yes. I don't really know what I'm going to say to him.

10 minutes later...

"Tommy, did you cheat on me?" I asked.

He said, "No."

"Then when was the video with Katelyn?"

"How did you know it was her?"

"She ran into me at the mall, said that she was with you in the library the other day, so it must of been recent.."

"Shailene, she's jealous of you! Of course she would lie to you."

"How the hell is she jealous of me?"

"She used to like me before she got hung on Zane. I guess she doesn't like that I chose you over her. She liked me when we started going out." Oh, but she's always a bitch to me, even before I started dating Tommy. There's something he isn't telling me.

"That sort of make sense. You should of told me she liked you though."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Just don't be mad at me. I don't want to lose you. It was from a long time ago. Trust me, I would never hurt you like that. That's just low." That's sweet, and I'm guessing he isn't lying, well at least I hope.

"It's okay. Want to watch something on Netflix?" I asked.

He said, "Sure babe." So we picked out a show, The Walking Dead, and watched a few episodes. We didn't kiss or anything and we were having a lot of fun, laughing, telling jokes, gossiping, it felt like the times before the video shook up our relationship this past week. He fell asleep, he's cute when he sleeps, I didn't wake him and just shut my eyelids.

---

I woke up to someone shaking me. "Shay wake up." I opened my eyes and it was Tommy.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Eh...about 3 a.m." Oh.

"Are you leaving?" He shook his head no and layed back down and put his arm around me. We both fell asleep.

When I woke up, for the second time, he was gone. He left a note saying,

Morning Sunshine, I'm sorry I had to leave you. Meet me at the park at 6 tonight. xoxo, Tommy

Awe that's so romantic! I checked my phone for the time and it was already 11 in the morning.

I'm not the type of girl who hops from relationship to relationship. If there's a chance that our relationship can be saved I'm gonna try my best to save it. But if there's a reason to not let it be saved them I'm letting go..

I wasn't that hungry so I didn't eat anything. I decided to take a shower. Once I got out of the shower, I wanted to call my mom to tell her I wasn't gonna be home when She got home. It took her three rings to answer.

"Hey honey."

"Hey mom, I wanted to let you know I am not gonna be home when you get home. Tommy asked me to meet him at the park at 6."

She said, "That's fine, have fun!"

"Thanks mom, love you!," I said and hung up.

I had a lot of spare time so I just hung around on the couch all day.

---

I started to get ready at 4:30. I decided to wear something cute but not dressy. I picked out some black jeans, a bright blue tank top, and my Vans. I live in California so I didn't need a jacket or anything. I fish-tailed my hair to the side and let some strands around my face loose to make it look messy but cute. For makeup, I put on mascara and made wings with my eyeliner. It was 5:45 so I got in my car and headed to the park.

When I got there, Tommy wasn't there yet. So I sat on a bench and waited.

I checked my phone, 6:06

and again, 6:20

and again, 6:36

and once more, 6:55

This is ridiculous! He stood me up! He would have texted me or something saying 'Ill be late' or 'Sorry see you soon'. I left to go to his house to find out where he was.

I pulled in his driveway and noticed his car wasnt there. I shut off the car and went up to the door. I rang the doorbell.

I was shocked, "Zane? What are you doing here?"

He just smirked, "I could ask you the same question Cupcake."

***

authors note,

hey i hope you enjoyed. i liked picking out her outfit and her makeup. its really fun wrtiting these!

xoxo,

alexa