Epilogue

just something fun^ haha I'm Capricorn ;)

****

"Kylie! Don't run!" I yelled to my 3 year old. It turned to Zane. He was holding Clayton, our 6 month old.

Let me just fill you in on what you missed...Zane and I both went through college, I'm still studying to be a nurse and have more school but Zane finished his years and is already the manager at a local mechanic. I found out I was pregnant during the fourth year of college and we decided it would be the right time to get married. We're both 26 now and are as happy as you can be. 

"Zane, how's my little Clayton?" I asked.

"He's jut perfect." He reassured me.

"Zoe! Come here!" I called.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Where's Jayden?" I asked. Jayden and Zoe have been together ever since the night of the carnival. They're engaged now and coincidentally living a couple apartments down from us.

"I'm here!" He said and took a deep breath.

"About time." Zoe said and kissed him.

"Heyyy not in front of Clay!" Zane laughed as he covered Clayton's eyes.

"Yeah yeah." Jayden told him. We were currently at my moms 50th birthday party. It's a small little picnic type thing. Only close family and friends were invited.

"We're opening gifts now!" My mom called to all of us.

"Okay hold on let me get Kylie." I called back. I searched for her. I spotted her, with her dark brown hair and bright green eyes. Her eyes met mine and she came running to me.

"Mommy!" She said cheerily.

"Hi honey. Wanna watch grandma open presents?"

"Yeah!" She laughed. I grabbed her hand and walked her to where they were opening all of the gifts.

..After everyone gave her all their gifts, I handed her mine. It was a tiny box wrapped with black wrapping paper and a silver bow.

"What could this be?" She asked shaking the box.

I smiled. "Guess you'll have to find out. Open it."

She slowly unwrapped the box. When she took off the lid, her mouth opened. It was one of those necklaces that you could open and put pictures in. A locket I think. On one side, it had her and my dad on their wedding day. On the other side, it was her and I on the beach.

"This is beautiful honey!"

"Look on the back." I told her. I had them engrave it with what my dad said to her all the time, 'Till the last number.'

"Honey it's so beautiful. Thank you."

"Your welcome mom."

-----

We ate our cake and hung around for a while and then left. We were back in the apartment. I went put Clay down for a nap, along with Kylie. I finally had time to myself so I decided to go take a shower.

I got in the shower and was about to rinse the shampoo out of my hair when the door creaked.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Hey baby." Phew, it was just Zane.

"Hey, I finally have time to myself so I thought I'd take advantage of it and get a shower in."

He smirked. "I have time as well, I thought I'd take advantage of mine too." He said as he hopped in the shower with me. He started kissing me and playing with my hair.

"Let me help." He said as he tried to get some of the soap out of my hair.

"Thank you Zane."

"Oh, no big deal." He said.

"No I mean thank you for everything. Thank you for loving me and thank you for always being there for me. I love you so much and words can't explain how much." I turned towards him and he immediately grabbed my face and kissed me. His tongue asked for entrance and I happily welcomed it in.

He pulled away. "No Shailene, there's no words that can describe how much I love you. You turned my life around. So thank you. Thank you for loving me." This time, I kissed him.

I always bring the baby monitor with me wherever I go in the apartment.

"I'll get him." He told me as we heard Clayton crying.

"Okay." I told him and gave him a quick peck. I finished taking a shower and got out. I put on a tshirt and shorts. When I went out to the family room, Zane was sitting there feeding Clay a bottle. I sat down next to him.

"You make a great dad you know." I smiled.

"Back then, I never thought I would get married or have kids unless there was an 'accident'. Everything changed when I met you."

"Back then, I never thought I would even be friends with a guy like you, let alone fall in love with you." We both laughed.

"We both changed so much."

"Yeah, we did." I agreed. Clay was finished with his bottle so Zane put him back to finish his nap.

"What do you want for dinner." I asked.

"How about your favorite? Like old times." I smiled. "Yeah that sounds good."

30 minutes later, we were sitting on the couch eating Chinese food.

"Remember when we cut holes in Katelyn's pants?"

I laughed. "Yeah that was hilarious."

"Yeah."

We finished our food and we're watching a movie. It's very unusual for us to get alone time like this, for this long. We were both cuddled up on the couch in a blanket.  He kissed the top of my head and was playing with my hair.

"I love you so much Shay. I'm always going to love you, no matter what okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm never going to leave you or walk away. You and the kids are my everything now. You guys are my life and there's no way in hell I'm ever going to walk away."

"Why are you telling me this Zane?"

"I want you to know this. I want you and the kids to know I'm never leaving. I'll be by you and the kids' side forever."

"Okay." I said and kissed him.

"I want you to know that it will be us always and forever."

"Always and forever?" I asked.

"Always and forever." He reassured me and at that moment I realized that Zane and our kids are mine and are  going to be there ,always and forever.

***
A/N

It the end!!! I'm so sad! But I'm excited to start a new story in the future! I hope you enjoyed and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Always and forever!

xoxo,

alexa