19. Happy Birthday Part One

"Shay," someone whispered, "Shay, wake up." It was my mom.

Ugh I hate Monday's. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Around 9:00," and then.. "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Shailene. Happy Birthday to you!" Oh yeah! It was my birthday! I'm going to be 18. I can't believe it!

"Thanks mom." I said as I sat up.

"Hurry, get ready! Someone is waiting for you!" Awe. Zane mentioned something about a birthday surprise.

"Okay," I smiled and got up. I picked out my clothes, I put on a cute tank top, and some ripped shorts.

Thankfully, we didn't have school today or tomorrow. They are having those teacher day things. I went downstairs and Zane was waiting for me on the couch. He smiled when he saw me.

"Happy Birthday babe." He told me and kissed me.

"PDA!" My mom said and we all laughed, "Have fun on your trip" She said.

"What trip?" I looked at Zane.

He smiled, "A special trip."

"Okay. Let's go! I'm curious now."

"Okay, let me just go pack a bag."

"Alright." he said. I went upstairs and packed a small bag. I put two pairs of pants in, a purple bra and matching underwear, along with two other pairs, a bikini and three shirts. Where could we be going and how is my mom approving this? I went downstairs to find them talking, "I'm ready."

He took my hand and said, "Bye, Ms. Brooks."

"Bye you two! Have fun...but not too much!" With that, we left and were heading towards his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he opened the door for me.

"That my Cupcake, is a mystery." I sighed letting him know I gave up.

We were driving for an hour or so until we stopped the car at a beach house.

"Woah, this is amazing," I said.

"Yeah, it was my uncle's. He passed away and gave it to my dad. My dad then gave it to me and said I would use it more than he would."

"Neat," was all I said. We got out of the car and he grabbed our bags.

"Wanna go for a swim?" he asked.

"Sure," I said smiling. We went inside and I went to change in the bathroom. I put on a plain black bikini that made my tan a lot more vibrant. I felt good. I was 18, with a great guy, and all together loved life.

I went out to the beach and he wasn't out there so I went in and waited for him. A couple minutes later, he snuck up behind me and picked me up. He threw me under water and I yelled, "Zane! You scared the shit out of me!" He laughed.

"It was funny as hell though."

We swam for a while and then my stomach growled. I remind you, it is around 11:45 in the morning and I just realized that I didn't eat breakfast. He must of noticed and said, "Wanna eat something?"

I smiled and nodded my head, and we dried off and went inside.

He got the ingredients out and I realized something, "Peanut butter pancakes?" I smiled.

"Yup," he said popping the p. We put all of the ingredients together and started to make pancakes. Once we made all of them, we sat down and ate.

"Thank you for taking me here Zane." I said.

"Anything for you, especially since it's your birthday." He winked.

"I don't feel any different. I don't think being 18 is as exciting as everyone makes it out to be."

"It is, trust me," he assured me, "How is your mom? Being back into your house and all." Our house has been built for a week. The fire was a long time ago, around 7 months. That reminded me of something, "She's good, and guess what I just realized," I said.

"It's our anniversary," we both said at the same time.

He smiled, "I can't believe it's been this long, wow, four months."

"Yeah. I like how it's on my birthday too."

"That's awesome," he said. I reached over the table and kissed him. He immediately responded.

He pulled away first, "Let's go look for seashell's."

"Okay," I said, "I'll beat you." I took off running towards the sand. It was hot when my feet first touched it but they got used to it after a couple of seconds. I beat him! Haha Zane!

He caught up a second or two later and tackled me to the ground. Not in a way that would hurt me of course. I pushed my self up, "Zane Wilde, you are such a buttface!" We both cracked up.

We spent the next hour or so finding different kinds of shells and laughing about stupid things. We started to make out. I needed more of him. I loved this boy and I wanted to show him.

"Let's go." I said with a giggle as I was pulling him towards the beach house.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." I kept pulling him until we reached a bedroom.

"Are we really-" I cut him off by kissing him.

"I love you so much Zane." I said between breaths.

"I love you too Shailene." That made me tingle even more. I pulled off his shirt and he said, "Are you sure?"

"I've never been more sure." I smiled. He pulled off my bikini top and his eyes widen. I blushed.

"You are so beautiful Shailene." And I kissed him with all the passion I had in me.

I'm pretty sure you guys can guess the rest ;)

***

A/N

haha, I have homework but Im doing this instead, oh welllll!!! Id rather be doing this anyways. But this chapter was awkward for me to write. I didn't want to go too much in to detail but I didnt want to be so plain and not enough details.

xoxo,

alexa