11. The Carnival

Shailene's outfit and hair on the side :)
---------------------------------------------

I didn't know what to wear, since this isn't a date. Ugh. I'm just gonna put on an ombré tank top and black leggings. I put on my black Vans. I just straightened my hair and put on a coat of mascara.

I heard a honk.

I put on my cardigan and went out the front door and locked it.

I got in the passengers side. "Hey."

He said, "Hey."

We didn't talk much on the way, it was really weird so I said, "Thank you again for inviting me."

"Sure Cupcake," I blushed, okay, Theres like a 0.05% chance that I have a bit of feelings for him.

"What are we gonna do first?" I asked.

"Well I guess we will find out soon," he said as we pulled in to the parking lot of the carnival.

We parked, got out and went to the ticket booth. He said, "Two wristbands please."

I started pulling money out of my wallet but he said, "No, it okay. I can pay for you," he smiled. Aw.........."Thanks," I smiled.

When we were walking away towards the rides, the girl that we bought the wristbands from yelled, "You guys are such a cute couple!" I blushed, of course, really Shay, do you have to be that obvious? I know he doesn't want to be anything more than friends and I can't help but like him.

"Thanks, but we are just friends!" He yelled back. He looked at me like something was wrong.

"What's wrong," I asked. He just shrugged and said, "Want to go on the carousel?"

I laughed, "Sure." We got in line. I picked a brown horse with a purple saddle.

Once we got off of that, we played some games. We played the game where you throw the dart at the balloons. I missed all three times. He started laughing, "Wow Cupcake, I didn't know you were so bad at throwing darts."

"Oh shut up you fudge nugget."

"Fudge nugget?" He laughed.

"Yup, but hey, I could of used something worse, fortunately,  your too much of a friend for me to be that harsh too." We both started laughing.

"Want to go on the Ferris Wheel now?" he asked.

"Yeah sure." The line was long. We were waiting for at least 25 minutes. Finally, it was our turn. We got in cart number 12. Hey! My favorite number! Anyways, the man buckled us in and started the ride.

I wonder if the kiss meant anything to him. Probably not, he even said it was just a kiss. That's unfortunate.

"Cupcake, what are you thinking about?" He asked. I didn't realize I was staring at the stars for so long just thinking.

"Honestly, about the kiss."

"Oh," he said. I looked at him, "I made a mistake-"

"Yeah I know the kiss was a mistake, sorry I brought it up."

"No, Shailene. The mistake was thinking that the kiss was a mistake," he told me.

Ill admit, I was getting hopeful.

"Oh..," I said.

We were at the top and the cart thing jerked to a stop. I shifted forward because of the stop.

Zane caught me before I completely fell forward. "Why the hell did it just stop?"

I laughed, "Zane, are you afraid of heights?"