12. The Fire

Derek on the side :)
------------------------
I was currently sitting in the movie theatre with Derek. I haven't hung out with him in a while so I asked him if he wanted to go see a movie.

When the movie was over, Derek asked me, "Wanna get something to eat?"

I wasn't that hungry but I said, "Sure, where?"

"How about the cafe next to Yummy Scoops?" I nodded.

When we got there, I saw Katelyn coming out of Yummy Scoops. Derek must of seen her to because he coughed and said, "Skank."

"Oh my gosh, Derek!"

Katelyn turned and looked at us. Oh shit. She walked over by us, "Can you say that louder honey?"

Derek smiled, "Skank."

She just rolled her eyes and looked at me, "You better stay the hell away from Zane. He is mine. He chose me. We wouldn't want a repeat of the last time now would we?" How would he have 'chose' her? I guess it doesn't matter. We aren't dating. But he kissed me. Ugh, I don't know what to believe.

Derek cut her off, "Oh get the hell over yourself. Zane and Shay can do whatever they want. They don't have to listen to you. You aren't any better than anyone else."

Katelyn just smiled, "We will see about that," and walked away with her friends.

We walked in to Panda Cafe, "Derek! I cant believe that just happened!"

He laughed, "Someone needs to shut her the hell up."

We ordered our food, Derek got a cinnamon bun with a sprite and I just got a coffee.

"So what's new? Any boys your interested in?" I asked Derek.

"Maybe."

I said, "Spill it now!"

"Okay, his name is Brandon and we have been hanging out for a while. He is awesome. Now you spill it, I know you are into Zane," he said.

"Okay, well we kissed, twice."

"There must be more! Do you like him?" he asked.

"I'm not sure." I sighed.

"Well I totally ship it! Ooohhh!!! How about Shane, or Zailene?"

"How about neither. I'm sure he doesn't feel the same way."

"Well who kissed who?"

I told him, "He kissed me both times."

"Well that has to mean something, I mean he wouldn't just kiss you twice for no reason," he said as he took another bite of his cinnamon bun.

"I don't know."

He just smiled, "I like Zailene better." I just sighed.

--at home--

I was sitting on my bed when my phone buzzed. It was Zane,

Hey I am bored out of my mind. Wanna hang out?

I don't think I should. I'm too tired and not in the mood to hang out.

I replied.

I can't. Sorry.

He replied.

Okay. See you tomorrow at school.

Ugh. I was hungry so I went downstairs. I made chicken noodle soup and sat on the couch and watched The Walking Dead. I didn't realize that I fell asleep until my mom woke me up.