17. 1598 Westway Street

Zane and I have been dating for almost 3 and a half weeks now. He usually comes over after school, and I try to help him in math, but it always ends up in little make-out sessions. We haven't heard anything from Dan, and we are hoping it stays that way. I have no idea what his intentions are but I know they are bad. Zane is always wanting to hang around me to protect me, I mean I don't mind, but he is so worried and I don't know what to do.

"Wanna do something?" Zane asked.

"Sure, like what?"

"Hmmm..how about I surprise you?"

I smiled and nodded my head yes.

We got in the car and drove for about 15 minutes. When we arrived, we got out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. We were at a walking trail that leads deep into the woods. It was called Pine's Trail. I used to love walking it when I was a little girl. You never got bored of it, and always found something new in it. I found a lot of lizards, a frog, and even baby chipmunks.

"Something special," he smiled.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the trail. A couple minutes after walking down it, he took me off the path and straight into the woods.

"Um, where are we going? The trail is that way," I said as I pointed behind us.

"You'll see," he assured me.

We kept walking until we reached a huge tree house. It was almost the size of my living room.

"I come here when I can't think straight. I never took anyone here, until you." He smiled.

"How did you even find this? It's huge!" I laughed.

"I wondered off trail with one of my cousins one time, and we just found it here. We have no idea how it got here but other than me, he was the only one who knew about it."

"Was?"

"Yeah, he passed away a year after we found this place. He got hit by a car." His jaw clenched.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I told him.

"It's okay. I'm just glad that this is still here to remind me of the good memories we had."

"Okay."

"Wanna go up?" He asked. I nodded.

When we climbed to the top using the ladder, I looked around the tree house. There was poster's, books, and a small couch. There was a couch in a freaking tree house!

"How did they even get a couch up here?"

He laughed, "Good question."

We talked a while and we didn't realize that it was getting dark. It was about 7:30.

"It's getting late. Should we leave?" I asked.

"Soon," he said and then grabbed my face and kissed me with all the power he had. I kissed him back, of course. His hands went to my waist and mine to his neck. I could feel him trying to take my shirt off. I pulled back and laughed, "Believe me Zane, I want to too. But not in a tree house, on a two person couch."

He laughed, "You're probably right."

I kissed him one more time and got up.

"Noooo! I wanna stay here!" He whined.

"Zane..we should go. My mom doesn't know where I am."

"Okay," he got up too.

On our way home, it was silent. A comfortable silence though, one I didn't mind. He walked me to the door and kissed me goodnight.