Chapter One

Tick, tock, tick, tock. The sound of the clock continues as we all impatiently wait for the lunch bell to ring. Mr. Dalton talks aimlessly at the front of the class, very aware most aren't listening. Something about how the root of all wars was petty conflicts and if we all found a way to get along things would be much safer. To be honest, I'm interested in the topic, just not enough to pay attention.

"Go to the bathroom and puke it up, Darren," He says and the mention of my friend drags my attention away from the clock and back to him, "be back quick when you're done." As Darren passes my desk I stick my leg out as an attempt to trip him, but he steps over it and sticks his tongue out at me. I just smile at that as I watch him leave the class altogether.

As we finish taking our notes for the day the bell rings. I glance back to Steve who is already making his way to me. I wave at him before he gets to me. I get to my feet and follow behind him like the lost puppy that I am. If we're lucky we can snatch Darren up before he can be sent home by the nurse.

As we make it to the closest restrooms Steve smiles at me before heading in to talk to Darren. I press my back to the wall opposite the door and count down the seconds until they come out.

Being patient has never been my strongest suit, but when it comes to friends what else am I supposed to do? Just leave them? "Oh look its the little wolf girl," a voice says to my left and I turn to look at her, Penelope Jones. Penelope is popular, beautiful, and a few years older than us—two to be exact, but she's still in our grade. Despite her pretty looks, she's a real devil on the inside. "What do you think you're a boy?"

I narrow my eyes at her in disgust, "Shut up leave me alone," I say, "or I'll  scratch your eyes out, or bite your hand off," I snicker while covering my mouth in a fake surprised way.

She snarls at me, "Yeah right," She says, mocking me. She thinks I won't.

I growl like a wolf and show my sharp teeth and long nails to her. "You wouldn't dare hurt me."

"Watch me," I growl again, as I start to get very angry.

"Oh! So scary!" She hums before pushing me onto the ground. I was about to rip up her one hundred dollar pair of red high heel shoes when Steve and Darren run out of the restroom.

I hear the pair stop in their tracks as they see me on the ground, "What's going on here?" Steve asks with a low growl soon following. It's almost like he's the monster here and not me.

"Oh, hey Darren, hey Steve!" She grins while pretending to be all cutesy, as if she didn't just shove me to the floor. She fakes a few tears before speaking again, "Alicia just attacked me! I had no choice but to protect myself... you'll protect me next time, won't you?"

Steve let's out another snarl, they both know what she's really like, but they pretend they don't. "Here," Darren leans down and sticks out a hand to pull me up, I take it and he tugs really tight to help me stand. I smile.

"What were you doing to our Tux?" Steve asks, truly getting ready to punch her in the face. He has no morals, maybe it's due to being friends with me, but he isn't afraid to punch a girl.

"Its fine," I say, "Let her go, it's lunch and I'm starving let's go!" I exclaim, walking off, leaving the two boys in the dust behind me.

"Of course you are, you demon!" Steve yells running after me along with Darren.

"Shut up, freak!" I yell at Steve. Even though they are the best soccer players I the school, they don't stand a chance against me and my wolf abilities. It's natural though, I'm not exactly someone's definition of a normal human. Maybe not even just a human.