Chapter Thirty-One

When I woke up Darren and Evra were already gone, the jerks.

I went out of the room and back to that park, no one was here today, but I didn't care I just wanted peace and quiet, which is hard to get in a city.

I sat up against the tree and ended up almost falling asleep before remembering how cute Darren looked when I told him I was going on a date.

I should probably ask Jack if this is actually a date or not, it would be pretty awkward if I acted as though ur was - holding his hand and stuff.

"Thinking of me?" I hear and look up to see Jack.

"Where would you get that from?"

"You're blushing."

"No I'm not don't lie to me and if I was it's cause its cold out."

"Wow you're cool."

"More than you think."

"What do you mean?"

"No its nothing, you'll find out on Saturday."

"Oh, OK."

Today is Thursday by the way, I should have said that before.

"Don't you have school?"

"Its winter break."

"Oh duh."

"Yeah, don't you go to school?"

"No, I travel to much, we are smart as it is. In the world my brothers and I live in, there's no need." I put my hands behind my head.

"What do you mean by that?"

"People call us freaks, you'll also find out why on Saturday."

"Why not today?"

I look up, its still day, Mr. Crepsley would still be asleep, so he can't come over.

"No we agreed on Saturday, you can come over then. I swear."

"OK... If you say so."

"I do say so." I smile.

"Want to go walk around a bit?"

"Sure." I stand and we walk around the city.

"Do you celebrate Christmas?"

"No, not usually, we never really have time as a family to. I bet if we had more time together then yeah. Its mainly just my parents though." Or the fact we're all a part of a freak show.

"Oh, another question, why do you wear that backpack, I know girls wear purses but never a backpack."

"I'm different." Way more than you think. I smile.

"Oh I can respect that." He smiles back.

We pass by a toy store, I should get a gift for Evra and Darren.

"Let's go in there." I point at the store.

"Alright," He opens the door for me and I walk in, dusting off snow from my hat.

He walks in after me.

"What are you gonna get?" He asks.

"I am gonna get something for my brother. He is obsessed with snakes." I laugh, grabbing a stuffed snake and wrapping it around my shoulders, "How do I look?"

"You look totally rad." He jokes.

I smile, "I think I'm gonna get it... My brother is obsessed with snakes!"

"You gonna get a gift for both your brothers?"

"Of course. I have no idea what to get my other brother though..."

"Tux...?" I hear and turn to see the brunette boy named Darren.

I blush, "Wh-What are you doing here?" Completely embarrassed being seen buying gifts.

I see the brunette girl standing next to him and Darren sees the brunette standing next to me - so many brown haired people here!

I laugh, "Ah, you two weren't supposed to meet until Saturday..." I complain.

"What?"

"This is my...brother, Darren." I introduce them, "And Darren this is Jack Dutch...my date."

"Nice to meet your, Darren." Jack smiles and sticks his hand out for a hand shake, but Darren ignores him and looks at me.

"This is your date? He is so... Strange." He asks.

"Aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?"

"Oh right... This is Debbie Hemlock..." He tells me.

I smile at her, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

I wanna punch her.

"Anyway, Jack, we should get back to shopping."

"You're right."

"I'll buy this then go to another store." I say walking over to the counter, buying the snake then heading back out into the streets and continue my shopping for hours.

Once we are finished he walks me back to the hotel - it was already night time and I feel like Evra and Darren will worry if I get back later than I already am.

I give Jack a high five before heading up to the hotel room.