Chapter 17: He Doesn't Remember but I Get Some Icecream

Hey sexy mofos!! (; how ya dooooin?! IMPORTANT!: Read the authors note at the end for a special surprise! (: xx enjoy the chappie!!

---------------------------------------------

Niall's POV

I awake with a start from the sound of someone mumbling in my ear.

Wait a minute... this isn't my room?

Oh, duh! I guess I fell asleep last night watching that movie with Carrie-Lee. I look around and see the other lads have either gone to their rooms or downstairs to eat breakfast. Ahh, food sounds great right now.

Carrie-Lee is still curled up against my side, but she looks really uncomfortable. Her face is turned down in a grimace. She is turning her head side to side and mumbling things like "stop," "leave me alone," and "don't hurt me." I know she is having a nightmare.

I shake her awake. "Carrie-Lee, love, wake up. You're having a bad dream."

She wakes with a start. She panics until she sees who I am, and relief floods her face. "Oh, thank God it's only you." And then she hugs me.

A smile stretches across my lips. I am beyond happy she has forgiven me for telling the lads about her "problem." Before, she wouldn't talk to me, sit next to me, or even look at me. It was killing me inside. I had cried for days, and it felt like nothing I did would ever help.

She pulls away from the hug and looks me in the eyes, putting on a smile I know is only half real. I smile back at her anyway. That is, until I notice the bruise on her face.

I frown, immediately feeling my cheeks burn out of rage. I'm going to beat Harry's arse for ever touching her. "Oh my god, your cheek! I swear I'll never forgive him for this..." I mumble.

She shakes her head. "It's okay, Niall. I'm used to it. Dave used to hit me all the time... And, Harry was drunk anyway. He didn't know what he was doing."

She puts on the fakest smile I've ever seen. "No, Carrie-Lee! It's not okay. He hit you! It doesn't matter if he was drunk or not, and I know you're not okay with it because your smile is fake and you're trying not to cry! Just because Dave used to hit you doesn't mean Harry has the okay to do it too! No one should be hitting you! No one!"

I am extremely furious. I know she isn't okay, no matter how badly she doesn't want to admit it. She's always putting up a front in an attempt to hide her feelings, but I can see straight through it every single time.

She lets a few tears slip, but quickly wipes them away. "I-I'm going downstairs to get some breakfast. Do you wanna come?" She asks, her voice shaking with every word.

I shake my head. "No, not right now. I need to go take a shower. I'll come down when I'm done."

She sighs, nodding her head. Then she wordlessly removes herself from my arms, stands from the couch, and walks out of the room, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

________

Carrie-Lee's POV

After I hug Niall, his smile changes to a frown. "Oh my god, your cheek! I swear I'll never forgive him for this..." He mumbles.

I shake my head, now upset. "It's okay, Niall. I'm used to it. Dave used to hit me all the time... And Harry was drunk anyway. He didn't know what he was doing." I say, putting on the fakest smile ever. I hope he won't notice. Tears are springing in my eyes now, but I force myself not to cry.

He looks angrier than ever now. "No, Carrie-Lee! It's not okay! He hit you! It doesn't matter if he was drunk or not, and I know you're not okay with it because your smile is fake and you're trying not to cry! Just because Dave used to hit you doesn't mean Harry has the okay to do it too! No one should be hitting you! No one!"