Chapter 22: I Confess, and I Finally Break

Hiiiii guys! (: sorry, I know this chapter is late, but I've been really busy with school with no time to write, and then a friend died on Wednesday and her funeral was Friday and I've been stressing out, so I'm soz! And I had to help people move to their new house yesterday and it was hell! And then I had softball practice almost all afternoon. IT WAS SO FUCKING HOT!! 😱😝 But anyway!! I love you guys so much! Enjoy the much deserved chappie! Xx

---------------------------------------------

*Carrie-Lee's POV*

"Why didn't you tell us you have a sister?"

I swear my heart stopped, my breathing halted, and time froze when Zayn asked that.

What.

The.

Actual.

Fuck.

How did he even know?

I didn't tell the doctor, I didn't tell any of the other lads... wait. I told the girls. On accident of course, but Perrie probably told Zayn. Damn it. So much for lying to them about it all...

"Hello? I'm waiting for an answer." Zayn says, a bit annoyed.

I stare at him in shock. He has no right to talk to me like that when in reality, it is none of his business anyway. If I wanted to tell them about it, I would've, but obviously I didn't want to, so I didn't. And he's wrong about it anyway. I don't have a sister, I had a sister. Two different words, two different meanings.

"First of all, I don't have a sister, I had a sister. Second, it's none of your business anyway. I don't have to tell you if I don't want to, and if I would've wanted to tell you, I would've told you a long time ago. Thirdly, I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was an important detail, and I'm obviously not comfortable with the subject." I finish, looking down at my lap and playing with my fingers. I blink back tears that are threatening to spill over once again. I'm not going to cry. Not now.

"Not important? How is that not important?! And it's more than our business if it's stressing you out so much! You know you can talk to us about anything, but I guess that we're not important enough to know!" Zayn yells back at me, making me flinch.

I take a deep breath and sigh. I really don't feel like fighting with Zayn today. Hell, I don't feel like fighting with anyone. I'm drained physically and mentally, and I don't have enough energy for this right now. Which would explain why I'm not currently screaming at the top of my lungs at him for being an arse.

"Can we please just talk about this at home? I really don't feel like fighting with you right now because in all honesty, I just want to get out of here, go home, and sleep. I'm really, really tired, and I swear I'll explain all of it when we go home, but just please don't ask me right now. Not here." I practically beg him.

He glares at me with cold eyes for a few moments. "Fine."

Then he just walks out of the room. Liam gets up and follows after him.

I continue looking at my lap and fiddling with my fingers. This is stressing me out more than them finding out in the first place. I never wanted them to know! Why did I have to be so stupid and let it just casually slip out of my mouth? I hate myself even more than I already did for doing this. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry until I don't have any tears left.

I laugh at myself for thinking that. I don't think I'll ever run out of tears. The lads don't know this, but I cry myself to sleep every night. I'm so weak. It's pathetic how I can't even make it a day without crying.