Chapter 28: We Talk and Thank You Louis

Hiya lovelies! I've been really busy and focusing a lot on school, and I've had absolutely no time to write! I do have a social life, believe it or not, so I do have a life outside of wattpad. I try my best to update, but I have a surprise for you guys that I've been working on! But!...you'll have to wait to see what it is! :D You guys can comment and guess what it is, but the few of you that already know, don't tell!!!! I will tell you guys if I get atleast 5 comments and 10 votes on this chapter! If you don't, you'll have to wait until my next update for the big surprise (; Your choice!

Anyway! This is wayyyy too long, so go read the chappie! :D enjoy! Xx

----------------------------------------------

*Carrie-Lee's POV*

I stare at him in disbelief. "Drew... I-I--"

"Hi, Carrie-Lee." He says with a slight smile.

I don't know what to say, so I just stand back and stare at him, debating on whether or not I should scream in his face or jump into his arms for a much needed hug. I'm fighting every emotion I can think of. I'm waging a war in my head. Should I bring up the past? Or just forget it and focus on the present?

I try to speak "I... um..."

"Carrie-Lee! Oh my gosh, I was so worried about you! I had no idea what happened and I could've sworn you were behind me the whole time, I---"

"Louis! Chill! It's okay."

I try to smile to give him some kind of assurance, but it seems almost impossible. Instead, I pull him into a hug and hide my face.

He hugs me back tightly, still muttering things about how sorry he is. I want to stay like this forever, but my want is only short lived.

"Who's this?" He asks referring to the backstabbing asshole in front of us.

I look over at Drew who is standing awkwardly. staring at us in confusion.

"Well uh, this is Drew. He's a... friend." I say completely unsure of myself. Considering the last time we spoke, we are no longer friends at all, but what else could I tell Louis without him getting pissed?

"Oh... well, hi there, Drew. It's nice to meet you." Louis puts his hand out for Drew to shake, and he gladly does.

"Good to meet you too! And you are...?"

"Louis. Louis Tomlinson. I'm one of Carrie-Lee's guardians." He explains.

Drew looks more confused than ever. He looks back and forth between Louis and I, his eyebrows furrowed questioningly.

"Am I missing something here?" He asks.

"Yeah. A lot actually." I say dully.

He rubs the back of his neck for a moment. "Look, can we please talk? Alone?"

He eyes Louis with a desperate look in his eyes, and then looks back to me. I look down to avoid his gaze and I feel a hand being laid on my back.

"Are you okay?" I sigh.

"Yeah, I... I'm fine." Louis relaxes a little.

"Louis, can you give us a minute please?" He eyes me worriedly.

He looks at Drew unsure and then nods his head. "Yeah, sure. I'll go wait in the car. Call me if you need anything."

Louis walks away slowly, glancing back every now and then before finally disappearing out of sight.

The air feels like it's getting thicker and heavier all around me. I'm almost sure Drew can see me physically shaking. I haven't seen or spoken to him in so long, and it makes me feel uneasy being around him now.