Chapter 12: Meeting Simon Cowell

Nothing to say, I've had enough, my self harming is back, my depression is giving me hell, just fml, I dunno how much longer I can take this, and nobody cares, enjoy the fucking chapter.

---------------------------------------------

We walk over to the reception desk where a lady with brunette hair and perfect makeup is sitting. She is typing away on a computer and speaking into an ear piece anxiously.

"No, Mr. Cowell, I have no idea where they are. No sir... Yes sir, there are fans at every entrance. They are well protected sir, I'm sure of it. We have every security gaurd we own surrounding the building sir, and don't forget they have Mr. Higgins with them... yes Mr. Cowell, I know they are late, but they should be here soon. Okay, yes sir. Goodbye, sir."

She presses a button on the ear piece and continues typing away like mad on her keyboard.

I look at the lads, giving them all questioning looks. They shrug their shoulders, and Liam steps up to the desk cautiously to get her attention.

"Um, hello? We're here to see Simon."

The lady sighs, not even bothering to look away from her computer. "Do you have an appointment with Mr. Cowell or are you just wanting an autograph of some sort?"

I stand there shocked. Is she serious? Is this Simon bloke really that important? Liam looks taken aback by her response, as do the other lads.

"Um, we have an appointment that we're late for actually..." He says nervously.

The lady sighs, obviously annoyed, and immediately stops typing. "Well, I'm sorry sir, but if you're late, you will have to resche---" she is finally looking up from her computer now, but with wide eyes and her jaw dropped. Probably wasn't expecting to see One Direction in front of you, eh?

"Oh my goodness, I apologize, Mr. Payne! I didn't realize it was you! I really am truly very sorry for my absurd behavior! I'm just so busy and Mr. Cowell is getting so impatient because you're late, and I'm trying to get all this work done, a-and I ju--"

"It's okay, Lydia, really." Liam replies chuckling and putting a stop to her nervous blabbing.

Relieved, she stops talking and smiles. Then she notices me. "So who do we have here? I don't think I've ever seen you before, love."

Liam smiles brightly and wraps an arm around me. "This is Carrie-Lee! We took her in two weeks ago. She's our... sister and/or daughter, I guess you could say."

"Ohh, so this is who Harry has been talking about! The surprise, yeah?" She asks him to make sure.

Harry steps over next to me and wraps his arm around me, smiling. "Yep, this is her!"

I stand still, awkwardly smiling, not knowing what else to really do. I'm very shy around people I've never met before. Of course, I have every reason to be after what's happened in my life.

"Well, I'm sure we'll be great friends!" She says, smiling warmly. "But, we'll have to save the "getting to know each other" stuff for later because Simon is very upset with you all right now! You're late, and you lads all know how he is when you're not on time!" She says, scolding them.

Their eyes go wide and they look a bit scared? That's weird...

"Well, don't just stand there staring at me like I'm some kind of disgusting creature from the depths of hell! C'mon!" She says trying to hold back a laugh.

I laugh at her attempt of being serious. I think I'm really going to like this lady.

The lads all scramble around and follow Lydia down a long hallway while I struggle to keep up. We come to a glass elevator that almost immediately opens when we walk in front of it. We hurry inside and Lydia presses a button with the number six on it. It feels like it takes ages until we make it upstairs. We shuffle out and walk down another hallway. When we reach the end, there are a set of transparent glass double doors with the initials "SC" written in cursive on each door and "SYCO records" underneath. Lydia knocks on the door lightly.