The Announcement Part 1

Ross

It's now twelve am still no sign of Kahlan or Jake I just hope that everything is okay and the two of them don't get to carried way and something they may regret later. Amber enters our room and comes over to me and wraps her arms around my waist and lends her head on my chest and then looks up at me with a worried expression on her face. I tell there is nothing to be worried and that I'm sure their fine and that probably haven't noticed the time. I then lifted her bridal style and took her over bed and place her her on it then I brought my lips to hers and soon it became heated, but we were intuited by Amber's phone going off.

She sighed and reached over to get her phone from the night stand. Once she looked at the caller ID she smiled and answered the phone. Hello Jake is everything okay and when are you coming home. I waited till she hung up the phone and turned to me with a small smile on her face and sat Kahlan had fallen asleep and he was asking if it would be okay for her to stay at his and then he would take her home tomorrow.

The next day 

Jacob

It was ten o'clock in the morning and Kahlan was still sleeping peacefully in my arms. I looked down as she she started to stir in my arm and her eyes flutter open to reveal her beautiful brown eyes as she did this I said good morning beautiful. She blushed and smiled up at me and good morning to you too and then laid her head on my chest and cuddled in closer to me. I leaned down and placed a kiss on the top her head and smiled. After I will I told her that we should get out of bed and she looks up at me with a pout on her lips and said but I'm comfy her in your arms.

I smiled and said as I am I but we still have to tell everyone about the engagement. She smiles up at me and then leans up to kiss me on the lips and then got of the bed. As she got up I leaned over and grabbed her by the waist making her scream and pulled her back to me saying where do think your going with a smile on my lips and then crashed my lips to hers with so much passion and she kissed me back deepening the kiss. We were interrupted by my dad knocking on the door and asking if we where awake. I sighed and got up, put my shorts on and answered the door. I told him that we would be through shortly.

After Kahlan had gone to my en-suite to have a shower and clean up I left the room to use the shower in the in the main bathroom. Once I had washed my hair and body I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist before putting my shorts in the washing basket and then heading back to my room as I had forgotten to take clothes through with me. As I entered my room I seen that Kahlan was already dressed and sitting on my bed. I walked over to her and kissed her softly on the lips before going to my closet and grabbing a pair a black jeans, a red T-shirt, socks and a pair of boxers before heading to my en-suite to get dressed. 

Kahlan

As I was waiting for Jake to come out of the bathroom I heard a knock on the door so I got of the bed and headed towards the door and then opened to see a young lady on the other side smiling at me. After a second I realised that the girl in front of me was Rebecca Jake's older sister.

I smiled at her and wrapped my arms around her giving a massive hug and she hugs me back. It has been years since I last seen Rebecca and it was so nice to see her again. I told her that Jake was in the bathroom getting dressed and that he would be out shortly. She nodded her head and then left in the direction of the kitchen where I could hear his dad talking to Seth.

As I closed the door Jake came out of the bathroom smiled at me and headed to wards his night stand where he opened one of the drawers and pulled something out and then closed the drawer again. He then turned to me with an even bigger smile on his face if that was at all possible and box a small black velvet box in my hand and told me to open it.