Spreading Apart?

Sue's POV~

It had been a month since the whole Tenro incident and I was starting to get used to the who S-Class wizard thing. Life in Magnolia was peaceful if you disregard your weekly blow up the town ritual. MiraJane has been acting nicer than ever and she doesn't even fight with Erza anymore. It's now winter which means its getting colder and I hate the COLD, even if I'm not affected by it, I hate it. But I LOVE Ice Cream!!! More specifically Red Pepper Ice Cream. BUT ANYWAY!!! But all in all things have been pretty peaceful.

.

.

.

Or so I thought.

I walked into the guild at 10 o'clock, yawning. "I'm so tired! What should I do today?" I said walking up to the job request board. Hmmmm... I thought examining each flyer. I turned and saw Natsu and Happy spring at me, and then turning around and whispering, and then staring at me, and then turning around and whispering.

"Hey! What are you guys doing? You wanna go on a mission together?" I asked, waving my hands back and forth.

Natsu and Happy shot up. "Sorry we have to go! Don't have time! Well be back by 7! See ya!" Said Natsu as he ran out of the guild. "Aye sirrrr!" I heard Happy yell from the distance.

"Oh ok..." I said lowering my hand. It feels like Natsu has been avoiding me this week.

MiraJane POV~ I was cleaning a glass at the bar when I saw Natsu run off. Sue reached out for him as he left. She turned with a pained look in her eyes.

"Hey Sue? Is everything alright?" I asked her, tilting my head. She looked up at me, "Yea, everything is fine." And with that she walked out if the guild.

Sue's POV~

I left the guild walked to the Ice Cream store. "Hey Sue! How ya been?" Said the man at the counter. "Hey. I've been great. Can I get the usual?" I asked. "Sure! One Red Pepper Ice Cream coming right up!" He said, smiling. I waited at the counter as he scooped the ice cream. He handed me the cone and I pulled out my wallet. "No no!" He said, shaking his head. "This ones on the house! Congratulations on becoming an
S-Class wizard!"

Suddenly the images from Tenro flashed through my eyes. I know! I'll surprise him by meeting him when he gets back! I thought to myself.

"Thank you soooooo much!" I said to the man at the counter. And with that I ran out of the store and back to the guild to tell the others my idea. "Wait! Sue! You forgot your Ice cream!" I heard the man yell.

When I got to the Guild I told Mira that I was gonna wait for Natsu. "That sounds like a great idea!" She exclaimed. "I'll join you! In fact! We should ask the entire Guild to join us!" She continued. "Yea! Let's do it!!" I said smiling.

A couple hours later~

It was now six o'clock. The Guild agreed we would all meet up at seven to meet Natsu at the edge of town. Hmmm I'll go early! I thought to myself.

I walked to the outskirts of town. The lady in the bakery called out to me, "Sue! Aren't you cold dressed like that?" "No, not at all!" I called back.

I kept walking.

The priest of the church turned to me and said, "Sue would you like a warm jacket? You look cold!" "No I'm fine." I said happily.

I kept walking.

Then from inside a house I heard a little boy yelling, "Why? Why can't I go outside?" His mother was trying to calm him down, "No Jonny! It's too cold! It's supposed to be the coldest day of the year." "Do you think it will snow?" Said the little boy. "Yes, yes I do." Replied the mother. Snow.

I kept walking till I made it to the edge of the town. Now I just have to wait.

One hour later~7:00 pm

It had been an hour since I got here. It was now 7 o'clock; the time Natsu was to come back. The Guild arrived with sweaters and hot chocolate. "You guys made it!" I said turning to MiraJane. Now we just have to wait.

One hour later~8:00 pm

The Guild was getting restless, tired, and cold. They went home. Only MiraJane stayed.

One hour later~9:00 pm

MiraJane looked exhausted. But I knew she wouldn't say anything. I turned to her and said, "Hey Mira, you can leave if ya want." "I don't want to leave you here!" She said. "I'll be fine!" I promised, "I'll only be here for a few more minutes." "Ok if you say so." She said, turning around.

She left and I looked up and stared into the sky. It had begun raining, white flecks. Could this be snow?

One hour later~10:00 pm

It was still snowing, harder now, it was very beautiful.

One hour later~11:00 pm

Natsu's POV~

I was walking back to Magnolia with Happy, through the snow. It was pretty late now, and I started to get tired.

I turned to Happy and said, "I'm so glad we were able to get that gift for Sue!" "That's so true! If she would have came with us it would have ruined her surprise birthday present!" Happy exclaimed. "Yay! It's the perfect thing! What do ya think it is?" Happy continued.

I stopped talking. "Natsu?" Happy asked. "What's wrong?"

On the ground, in front of me, was a girl; long pink hair. SUE?!

I ran up to Sue and knelt done. She was freezing. And for a fire dragon slayer, that's serious. She was breathing heavily, pale, cold sweating, and her lips were purple.

"Happy! Fly us to the guild! Hurry!" I said. "Aye!" Happy flew us to the guild as fast as his wings could take us.

We burst into the guild. "What's  wrong?" Asked MiraJane. "It's Sue! She's sick!" Yelled Happy.

We set Sue down in one of the beds on the clinic. Porlyusica walked in. She took her temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate. I sat in the corner chewing my fingernails.

"How is it? Is she ok? TELL ME OLD LADY!!" I yelled. She threw a vaccine at me. I dodged it and backed away. "Sue is FINE! Just a cold." She said. I tensed. "A cold?!" "Its no big deal!" She said. "No! You're wrong! Dragon Slayers don't get colds! Whenever we do its really serious!" I lashed out. I looked at Sue, hyperventilating on the bed. "Sorry I just.....Sue has never gotten sick!" I said. Porlyusica smiled. "I'll watch over her all night. And keep her healthy." "Fine!" I said. "NOW GO!" She said, shooing me out. "YES OLD LADY!" I said slamming the door. She threw a bottle of medicine at the door.

I slid against the wall and closed my eyes. Sue's birthday is tomorrow, hun? December 25. The day Igneel found her in the snow. How could I let this happen? MiraJane told me that she had been waiting in the cold since 6 o'clock pm. That's 5 hours in the blistering cold! This is my fault! In addition to all the stress she's been under since the S-Class exam. I sighed and buried my head into my knees and fell asleep.

.

.

.

Hey hey! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I feel so good cause its been like 2 days since I posted the last chapter! I'm on a role!

Comment and vote! Be a bæ and share! I'll be your Bestie!!!♥

Hit me up by private message! Ya know.....cause I love talking to ya peps! Anyway ya! Talk to me!!!♥

Again! This story is NOT OVER !  Trust me this story is gonna get better! I have so many awesome ideas!!! And that's talks to YOU GUYS INSPIRERING ME TO KEEP WRITING! I do this for you! Cause I love you very much!!!

As always thanks you so much, hope you enjoyed that and SEE YA NEXT TIME!!!