8: Feelings!

8: Feelings!

We stopped at this broken down canopy-thingy surrounded by trees and rocks.

"We camp here for the night. Fili, Kili, Andiel, look after the ponies, make sure you stay with them," Thorin said and I nodded.

I slid off the pony and stroked it. It was so cute, I wanted to keep it. Could I steal a pony? Was that against pony laws? I looked up and Gandalf was angrily walking away from Thorin.

Bilbo looked at him, "Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?"

"To seek company with the only one around here who's got any sense," Gandalf grumbled.

"And who might that be?"

"MYSELF MR. BAGGINS!"

I jumped; Kili noticed and held my hand.

"Come on Bombur, we're hungry," Thorin said.

A few hours later, we had all the ponies rounded up and Kili was somewhere doing something. I sat on a rock and was petting one of the ponies. Ponies were so fucking cute and calm what the hell. I saw a shadow and quickly turned around. It was Fili.

"I, uh, need to talk to you," he said.

I looked around, "About what?"

"My brother is rather... fond of you," he chose his words carefully, "You're the only girl who has shown interest in him, and-"

"Wait what? Girls don't look at Kili like that?" I asked him.

That was odd. Kili was a cute person, with a huge heart. His smile could brighten up anyone's day. Why didn't anyone see him that way?

"Well to put it this way: I have a beard and he doesn't. Dwarrows come to me, and sometimes think my brother isn't a real dwarf. He likes you a lot Andiel; I can see the spark in his eyes," Fili said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So just because he doesn't have a beard rude ass girls wanna tell him he's not really a dwarf? Last time I checked, a fucking beard doesn't define who you are. Can I punch all of them?"

I hated bullies and people who only focused on physical features. But it was okay, because shitty people like that didn't deserve to know Kili.

"No," Fili chuckled, "But if you are planning to hurt him in any way, I will make you regret it. My brother tends to fall in love very easily; do not hurt him."

I shook my head, "I won't, promise."

"Oh and uh, don't tell my brother we had this conversation. I don't want to worry him," Fili told me.

I pointed at him, "You got it. My lips are sealed."

Fili nodded in thanks, then walked away. I ran my hands through my wavy hair and stared at the rock. My eyes widened and I put my hands over my mouth. Fili said Kili was fond of me!

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean he liked me romantically?! That's crazy!

I had never been liked by a boy before, or kissed. It felt nice and I smiled to myself. But, what the fuck?

Something rustled and I whipped around. Kili appeared from out of the bushes and I softened.

"Kili," I sighed, "How dare you scare me like that! I need a weapon."

He smiled, "For what?"

"To protect myself."

"That's why I'm here," he laughed.