27| Start Over

Caley

It's been a month since I went home. I've been staying at Ben's for the previous month and my parents never questioned me. I hate being away from my family but I try to avoid conflict as much as possible. Especially when Cole just fucked himself up, of course I'm gonna be the one who'll get blamed for his overdose. 

I walked in through our front door and held my breath in, waiting for any movement by anyone, even Danny running down the stairs when he hears the doorbell ring. Oh man I missed this place. I placed my duffel and carry bag down the foyer, taking off my shoes. Seems like my family is out and away. I sat on the living room and turned on the TV, flipping through channel that is a blur in my eyes. Why bother opening the TV. I should've asked Ben to come home with me, he was so insistent for me to go home and fixed my family problem, but they're not even here. 

I walked over the kitchen and opened the fridge, mount full of food that we usually love. Oh great, mom made an apple pie.  I pulled it out from the freezer and grabbed a plate nad utensil, cutting out a huge piece cause I miss my mom's cooking. I was about to savour my pie when y phone dinged, alerting me that someone texted

Ben: -You safe?- 

Me: -Yeah:/ parents aren't here tho-
        -You shoulda came by:(-

Ben: -Hmm I should've, I wanna have fun time today;)-
          -But you know what needs to get done first-
          -We'll have fun tmrw;)-

Me: -Noo:(-

Our relationship is very comfortable, we literally never fight cause it's stupid. Not that we agree on everything, we do argue but we never fight over petty things. I love that about him. he never pushed me into anything I don't want. 

I was about to bite into my delicious apple pie that was calling me when I heard a loud moan upstairs coming from a girl that sounded very familiar. I paused and remained still when another moan came though, my brother's name escaping her lips. I wanted to ignore it and enjoy my pie but I couldn't. Someone's fucking upstairs that's disturbing my peace. 

I rushed up the stairs with my head already throbbing. I don't wanna catch them fucking midway but I don't wanna wait for them either, this is a lose lose situation. I crossed my untouched room and it looked the same as I left it. I miss my room. Another moan snapped me out from nostalgia and I bust in Cole's door to find the slut of the school riding him. That fucking bitch. 

"I thought you said no one was home?!" Sadie screeched, looking at Cole incredulously, he didn't reply. Her naked body fully aroused, heaving out laboured breathes as she took a minute to compose herself. I stood there with a blank stare on my face as a locked my gaze to Cole's eyes.  I didn't address the other one cause she's as relevant as a rock in our garden.

"If you mind keeping it low, I'm tryna enjoy my apple pie downstairs." I said bitterly before my brothers gaze drop. He hasn't said anything since I saw him again. What the drugs made his vocal cords explode or something? I walked away from his room and heard rustling of the sheets. I don't care what he does as long as he leaves me and my relationship with Ben alone. I reached back to my apple pie and sat on the stool by the island, facing the pool house as I thought back to last month. What is he doing with his life? I mean he's literally ruining it and it's not my fault this time. He needs help. 

The front door shut close and the alarm rang before heavy footsteps walking towards the kitchen. I took in a deep breath before confronting what is coming. 

"So you're back." Cole snorted from behind, opening the fridge. I didn't look back and continued with my apple pie which is halfway done. I'm proud of myself for finishing half of it in peace and tranquility. The fridge shut close and heard shuffling with the drawers. I never lookback. I pulled out my phone and must've not hear my alert tone because Ben texted me, I focused my attention to that.