18| By the Sea

Benjamin

I invited Caley to go to the dock side with me. She thought were gonna go fishing but she has no idea we're gonna ride my uncle's yacht. She said she always wanted to ride a yacht anyways and I'm here to make her dreams come true... Even the ones she imagines at night... If you know what I mean.

"Ben could you bring Beatrice with you today?" dad literally handed me my little sister who had a beam on her face that creeped me out a bit. She's like a real doll, the ones that break. Was it porcelain dolls...? Have no idea. My eyes widen, shaking my head rapidly. Hell no my sister is gonna ruin this day for me nor Caley. This is supposed to be a date, not babysitting time. Sorry Beatrice.

"No! I can't! I'm bringing Caley to the dock side," I told dad and he groaned, pulling out his wallet from his back pocket.

"Here's two hundred bucks, being Beatrice with you," he offered and I looked at the cash in his hands. It was a tempting offer but I don't think me taking care of this little devil only cost $200.

"Two fifty," I bargained and he grumbled something under his breath. My parents always goes out for the weekends, sometimes they bring us with them for family vacation but they mostly go to Europe or wherever they feel like going for two nights or something, only the two of them. I'm not complaining, I get the house alone- never mind I said that, Beatrice gets left alone with me so I basically don't have fun either.

"Here," he gave me additional fifty dollars and I grinned widely. Sweet!

"Do you mind adding another fifty?" I asked hopeful, pushing my luck and my dad gave me a blank face.

"Don't push it Benjamin." He scowled, and I chuckled lightly, placing Beatrice down on the ground. "That's enough for both of you guys for the weekend, alright?" He told us and I shook my head. Dad glared at me and I pressed my mouth shut, not saying anything back. I like to push my parents buttons sometimes.

"Can you get me more dolls?" my little sister asked and dad smiled at her, crouching down at her level. Is she mad? I'll feed her cookies and milk all weekend, probably sweets too, so I get all the money to myself.

"Of course sweetie, but don't give Ben a hard time when he's on a date with Caley okay?" dad said and I snickered. Psh like that's gonna happen, Beatrice always gives me a hard time. Actually who said she's coming?!

"Okay," she agreed, nodding.

"Could you get me some imported chocolates for my girlfriend as well," I tried copying Beatrice tone and my dad chuckled at me.

"Yeah sure, anything for the girl." He said and I grinned widely. "But you know Ben, Caley's a great girl and she's too good for you, don't let her go because she's special, I just know it. You're lucky to meet a girl like that so keep her happy, don't break the girls heart," he said, patting my shoulder and I nodded, realizing how true his words were. Caley is special, one of a kind that comes every ones in a lifetime.

"I won't," I smiled at the thought of her and dad nod once.

"Well I'm off, your mom has been waiting in the car long enough. Beatrice, behave yourself okay?" he pressed a kiss on my sisters head and patted my arm before he was out the door. My dad is good at advice sometimes.

"Can we go play?" Beatrice asked immediately right after dad left and I frowned, shaking my head.

"No, we're going out, let's get you dressed." I told her, leading my sister upstairs as she crawled up the staircase.

"Where're we going?" she asked curiously as I helped her pick out an outfit for today. Too many questions yet too little time. I grabbed a purple dress from her closet and a Radom sandals from the shoe rack for her to wear.