2%

Colin's Pov

I looked at the gym door each time it opened.

Not her.

I wonder if she's just gonna get tutored by Mrs.Ray.I mean I would probably advise her to but she doesn't seem to like her.That's what I've seen in class so far this year.

I looked at my pale fingers and twisted them in anticipation.

Just a few more minutes and then I can go.I really thought she was going to show.I guess not.

"Are you Colin?"

Shes here.

I nodded.

"What?White boy don't talk?"Joel raised her eyebrows,sitting next to me on the bleachers.

I blushed.God she is so intimidating.

"I-I h-have a s-s-tutter"I replied, stuttering.

"I hear.If you stutter how am I suppose to learn from you?Cause that shit sounds hella annoying.And I'm now hearing you speak."

I scratched the back of my neck.

"I-I"

"You know what?I don't think this is gonna work out so imma go to Mrs.Ray and learn from her.At least she can talk."Joel walked out the gym.

I tried.

I headed off to Mathletes practice.

:-#

I was finally beating my best friend Julian in an algebra problem.The only reason I was losing in the first place is because this dude wanted to cheat and start before the timer.

"Y-yes!I w-won!"I cheered in victory.

Julian rolled his eyes,putting his pencil down.

"Whatever man.I need to go get something from my locker and then we can head out.Bye Mr.Bo."Julian and I waved before leaving the class.

It was us and a few other kids who joined math club this year.I love it so much.All we do is math and its pretty awesome.

Anyway I watched as Julian put in his combo for his locker.

"Colin!"

I turned around.

It was Joel.

"Hey.Sorry for being a bitch earlier.Can you still tutor me cause Mrs.Ray is really getting on my last nerve?"

"S-sure."

"Good.I'll meet you at the gym right after school tomorrow.Aight?"she asked.

I just nodded.

Joel as you can see is quite ignorant but you'll get used to her.Hope you like it.
Xoxo nia