20

"Mom, can I spend the night with Josh?" I yelled from the bathroom, I just got out the shower. Josh sent me a message saying, "Parents will be gone for three days, and I'm kinda throwing a little party. COME AND SEE ME!"

"Who is all going to be there?" She asked, standing at the other side of the door. "Josh and a few other friends." I answered, semi-truthfully. I waited for her to respond, my fingers ready for the responds. "I'll think about it, come and eat." She says, her voice fading into the halls.

She said maybe... That usually meant yes. We shall see...

I walked downstairs to the smell of bacon and pancakes. I saw my brothers, all sat down eating.

"Hey Ty." Jay's stuffed mouth muffled. I waved, not really wanting to interact with anyone other than Josh and his friends. "Hunny, Tyler wants to know if he can go to Josh's." Mom said to dad as he walked in the room. "What about school?" Dad looked down at me and asked. I roll my eyes. "We ride the same bus. Plus. It's Christmas break." I smile innocently and munch on my bacon. "Okay, I guess. But, be back for Christmas."

"YES!" I yell in victory. I text Josh back immediately.

"I can come. But they don't know it's a party so shush. I'll be there shortly. 😘"

And after finishing my breakfast I ran to run on a socially acceptable outfit, then ran out the door and onto my bike.

I peddled as quickly as I could down the street and about 3 minutes later, I was at Josh's.

-to be continued because I'm lazy-