37

-years later-
-TYLER-

"Tyler, what was daddy like?"

The twenty year old blinked a few times, Tyler could barely remember Josh now.

The almost six year old smiled at Tyler and it seemed that Johnny had the same little smile as Josh, reminding Tyler about a few things.

"Well, he was very outgoing and dumb, but he was a good person. You're just like him, you know?"

"Tyler?" The six year old looked up at the twenty year old with bothered eyes.

"Yes?"

"I already have a daddy- but he's not here anymore, you said he was in heaven where he could be happy. And someday I want to go there and be happy with him. But, I want to call you daddy, because you are my daddy, and he is my daddy too." Johnny stopped talking and rolled over on his side.

"Hey- Johnny, it's okay. I'm okay with you calling me that, only has long as I get too call you Dunshine. Okay? Daddy and Dunshine, it's perfect."

And that was how Tyler made Johnny laugh and say something he's never said before.

"I love you, daddy." Johnny was always uncomfortable with saying I love you, even when people would say it to him. So he's never said it to Tyler, or anyone. Tyler couldn't even begin to explain how much he saw Josh in Johnny, almost as if they are the same person.

"I... I love you too."