Unusual

~Heshikiri Hasebe~
へし切 長谷部

I decided to try writing a darker one compared to the first few oneshots.

I promise the next oneshot will be a heavy dosage of sugar~

Saniwa/Reader here will be named as Kiyomura Harune (御村 春音)
Childhood friend: Saka Yumi (佐賀 由美)

Enjoy~

Updated (15/10): I have made some changes to the context.

---------------------------------------------------------

A scroll stamped with the minister's chop was thrown towards you, forcing you to read what was written on it.

'Saka Yumi is to take over from Kiyomura Harune as Saniwa from effect with today.'

"From now onward you are dismissed as a Saniwa. I will take over. My name is Saka Yumi." A cold voice announced, stripping you from the position as a sage in front of your swords. They gasped. Hasebe wanted to wield his sword towards his new master when you bellowed at him.

"Stop! It will be a disgrace if you do that, Hasebe. Yumi will be your new master. Please take care of yourselves." Acknowledging the new master named Yumi, you stood up to leave when she stepped in front of you to you and gave a tight slap. You placed your hand on your reddened cheek, obviously shocked at what she had just done.

"Kiyomura. Who said you can go off? You are to remain here as a servant and serve me and the swords." She grabbed your white top.

"I am your master, dog. Always remember that."

~~

All it took was a scroll that was enough to strip you off the position. Yumi suddenly stepped into the room when everyone were having their lunch and announced that she will take over you as Saniwa suddenly.

There has to be some conspiracy.

After that incident, you were treated poorly as a servant, doing all the chores and cooking up meals. You even had to repair the swords and use your power to the point where you exhausted them. After healing them, you made your way back to a tiny room. You saw Hasebe standing beside the pillar. As soon as he saw you, he hurriedly took a few steps closer to you.

"Aruji-sama! Are you alright! Your face is really pale!" He asked anxiously and held you on your shoulders when your body swayed a little to the side.

"Heshikiri Hasebe. Who said you can meet her? Go and sleep, now." A voice appeared, and it was from Yumi. A frown hung on her face. Shrugging your shoulders from his grip, you looked at him. "I am fine.. Go back to your room. It's sleeping time now." Brushing him off, you went back to the storeroom, now designated as your room.

Yumi walked closer to you, and gave you a kick on your ribs. You then hissed in pain.

"Meet him again, and I'll do something worse to your swords."

~~

Every day was a tiring day.

Of course, your swords hated her, but they had to comply when she beat up Gokotai just because he forgot to greet her as 'Yumi-sama', threatening him that she would take away the five little tigers and kill them off. Healing every injury on Gokotai pained you, with him crying and hugging you, not wanting to leave you.

And it wasn't just Gokotai alone.

Yumi would work the swords down to the bone where she doesn't even care about their fatigue from fighting too many battles especially in Ikedaya where experienced swords such as Hasebe and Mitsutada are needed. There was once she sent a junior team of tantous to Atsukashiyama, and all came back heavily injured. Beating them up, she left them, leaving all the repair and healing work to you. As soon as one team is defeated, she would send another team, demanding victory. As such, the main team always fell sick.