Ornament

~Higekiri~
髭切

Apart from having low number of resources, I have a bunch of swords waiting to be repaired. T-T

I have no luck in drops.. ;_;

Touken pocket is finally coming!!Let's achieve 1.5 million mark to get Juzumaru! ^^

Enjoy~

--------------------------------------------------------

"Aruji, you certainly look more beautiful than ever with that exquisite hairpin."

Higekiri said as he watched you pin up your hair using a kanzashi (Japanese style hair pin) instead of a white hairtie. You decided to use something different today. The hairpin consisted of a simple design: a camellia flower with dyes of white and red, with a few pearl tassels attached on the other side of the hairpin, dangling as you wore your socks. It was plain, but yet exquisite at the same time.

"Thank you, Higekiri! Let's have breakfast, shall we?" Rising up from the tatami mat, you stood out from your room with the quiet tachi. Aromas soon fill your nose as you took a look in the kitchen. As usual, Mitsutada greeted you.

"Ahh, good morning~ Stay in the dining room, breakfast is coming right up!" Gesturing you to go, you left for the dining room and sat down. Others swords soon took notice of your hairpin, complimenting as they took a closer look.

"Woah!! This is beautiful!!"

"Aruji when did you have this hairpin?? It's really beautiful!!"

" Hahaha, Aruji, it certainly suits you!"

Seems that this hairpin is getting more compliment than me huh... Well the old man did otherwise this time..

You chuckled at your own thought as breakfast was served.

~♤~

After breakfast, you went out with the main party for an expedition that lasts for eight hours; enough time for the second auxiliary party to come back from their battle in Atsukashiyama. You noticed something, and rode your horse foward. It was enough distance to take the lead from your main party leader Kogitsunemaru.

"Gear up boys, seems that our enemy is really shy to not let us see them. Be vigilant." You announced as they took out their swords and got ready their catapult and archer troops. As expected, it was a sneak attack.

"Fire!"

At your command, arrows and rocks were launched towards the enemy, destroying two out of six swords. You gave them the enemy formation before handing the role back to the fox.

~♤~

Finally the last sword was defeated, laying in a pool of black blood.

"Guys, are you okay?"

"Yes we're fine... Except for your hairpin, Aruji." Higekiri said as he pointed his hair, allowing you to realise that your hairpin was gone.

It must have loosened and dropped when I rode the horse earlier, you thought, sighing at the loss.

It was a gift from your father before you left them. It has been three months since you last saw your parents, making that hairpin a valuable and precious existence that represented you family. Your loose hair was waving against the breeze.

It was no use crying over spilt milk. It was in the past.

"Hah... It's fine. I'll get a replacement then. Keep going!" You advanced as they quickened their pace.

~♤~

The expedition finally ended. Lots of resources were exploited, especially steel. A few moments later, the second auxiliary team came back. Atsushi, Yoshiyuki, Kasen and Kiyomitsu were heavily injured while the other two had mild injuries. But they were victorious, bringing back Iwatooshi as well.

"Higekiri, Ishikiri, bring me bandages and medicine! The rest, help them and go to the spare room! Yagen, follow me!" Giving out orders, you went to prepare the repair room.

Blood soaked towels were thrown aside, forming a little mountain as more rolls of bandages were used. Among the casualties Yoshiyuki was the most injured, with a gunshot wound on his shoulder and abdomen. Prior to being a sage you worked as a doctor in the emergency department, and thus you didn't lose your calm as you handled his wound. Working as fast as usual, you proceeded to treat the next sword as soon as the treatment was done.

It was a busy night.

At midnight, every treatment was done, but their bodies required rest. All of them had an IV drip attached to their arms. Yagen took over and watched over them as you exhausted your powers from awakening the naginata earlier. Introducing yourself, you handed Iwatooshi over to Taroutachi before stepping out and sat along the corridor, enjoying the night breeze.

"Aruji, may I sit beside you?" You looked up to see Higekiri, still in his normal clothing. you nod your head, as he draped his white jacket over your shoulders. Feeling extremely tired, You couldn't resist the urge to lean on his shoulder. As your head touched his shoulder, he was surprised as he jumped a little.

"Aruji..? Are you feeling okay?"

"I am fine... Lend me your shoulder for a while. I am seriously tired..." Closing your eyes, you rested, unknowingly falling asleep as time goes.

It was past midnight.

The moon shined even brighter than ever, as if it was a special commemoration.

"Aruji..." Higekiri smiled as he slipped his arms under your back and knee, carrying you back to your room. Tucking you into the futon, he took out a new hairpin he bought from the marketplace a few days earlier. It was similar to the one you had, but with a hint of sakura petals drawn on the black lacquered hairpin. Putting the hairpin on your dresser, he turned to look at your sleeping face, and smiled before closing the door.

"You've worked hard, my master."