Exception

~Yamanbagiri Kunihiro~
山姥切 国広

Requested by The_Insane_Reader!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Don't come near me!" The sage slapped his hand off her shoulder as she took a few steps back, surprising her secretary, Tsurumaru Kuninaga. Coaxing her, he slowly left her alone before sighing. Yamanbagiri Kunihiro then went forward after noticing the sword.

"What happened, Tsurumaru?"

"Aruji still doesn't like anyone getting close to her. It's been a week and this citadel's going to self-destruct soon!" The crane burst his anger out before realising what he had just done. "Sorry, I lost myself." He apologised while begging the duplicate to help open her heart. Others like Mitsutada and Hasebe had tried as well, but nothing has changed. Sighing, he had to try.

Knocking before he came in, Kunihiro avoided a hit from a book as he restricted her movements. Twisting her limbs, she couldn't get away from his tight grip.

"Get a hold of yourself, Aruji! You're our master, so stop being a child and act like one!"

"I said let me go...!" Sending a slap over his face, he stood there at that position before releasing his grip. Wearing his cape back, Kunihiro left her room with a hint of anger. Why did he get such a master? He wished that he could request a change, but sadly as a mere sword, he couldn't.

"That's probably the first time I've seen Yamanbagiri angry..." Mikazuki said before sipping on his tea.

~~

After a few minutes of hesitation, she decided to let him enter her room. The atmosphere went cold as he stood there without saying anything. Being cautious, she forced herself to speak with the sword.

"W-What do you want to talk with me?" She said with a hint of fear, anticipating some reaction from him.

"Your secretary, Tsurumaru, told me to look after you since you didn't like him." 

The sage flinched a little at his reply, surprised that her secretary was quite thoughtful. But even without him, she didn't someone to 'look after' herself. She remembered that it had been a week since she arrived here, and yet no work was done. Paperwork was piled up so high that it would take a matter of days to finish completing. Forcing herself again, she stretched her hand out awkwardly. "I am... F/N L/N. You are Yamanbagiri Kunihiro, right?"

The sword was taken aback at her sudden change in attitude. "Yes..." He replied while shaking her hand before breaking the contact.

"Tell Tsurumaru that you'll be my secretary from now."

"What? A person like me isn't suitable-"

"You have no choice! Do as I say, Kunihiro."

Frozen, he took some time before he realised that retaliation was no use after his name was being said. Somehow, that name gave him a considerable amount of stress. Would he be able to fit the name of secretary? Not everyone could get the chance to be one depending on the sage.

"I understand, Aruji."

~~

He slowly knew more about her as they became closer together.

Entering her room, he looked at the figure who was dozing off before jolting up from the sudden noise he made from closing the door.

"What... it's you, Kunihiro." She grumbled after checking the identity of her sword. It was rare to see him here instead sitting by the veranda while watching the tantous spar against each other.

"Go to sleep if you are this tired." Passing her a cup of tea, he sat down with his back facing her. Taking the ceramic into her hands, the warmth became a strong contrast against her cold hands. Watching the steam emanating from the hot tea, she gave a small sigh. It did not go unnoticed, as the sword asked her if there was anything wrong.

"Nothing... Just thinking about past.

He didn't ask any questions afterwards. Deep down in his heart, he knew something was definitely wrong with her. Given her reaction when she first came here and what happened on the meeting a few days ago, he deduced that the existence of men was what made her fear so much. Of course, this was all but a speculation without knowing the truth from her.

"Aruji. Are you scared of men?"

He had to ask. To help her walk out from the shadows.

She choked on the tea, coughing relentlessly before telling him to repeat his question.

It wasn't a dream.

"Yes... I fear them because of an incident I went through a few years ago."

He was right.

Now, what would he do?

He walked and stood in front of her with his hands placed on each side of the armrest, bending a little to look at her deep into her brownish orbs that showed fear.

"Then... Are you scared of me as well when I do this, Aruji?"

She swallowed before asking him to go away politely. She felt uncomfortable when he was this close to her, especially knowing that he was her secretary. Realising her trembling slightly, he moved himself away from her and wrapped his arms around her, whispering an apology beside her ear.

"What's wrong with you today, Kunihiro? You're acting weird."

"Tell me what happened that day."

"I was almost kidnapped by my teacher. He followed me back home and did all sorts of things on me. I was scared and tried to get away from him but he was too strong for me. A policeman saw before he could take me away, and he left hurriedly. He left a few bruises on me, but it left fear in my heart. Since then, I avoid men as far as I could, but it slowly improved after I came here. But... as you can see earlier, I still can't accept a guy who is too near to me, but you're an exception. I would have hit someone." Recounting, she fumbled her fingers. It was still hard for her to accept what had happened.

"Take your time to accept me. I'm always here." Breaking the hug, he ran off before the female could make any reaction. Just outside her room, he pulled the hood of his cape and tried to hide his face from embarrassment. What did he just say!

"Good, Yamanbagiri!"

"T-Tsurumaru!"

Running off to another shelter, the crane laughed at the sword before spreading the news to the other swords.