Marie's First Day Of School

~Many people in this book are based off people I know in real life!~

"Do you know the Froggy song? Yes, I know the Froggy song. Can you hear the Froggy song? Yes, I hear the Froggy song. Doo doo doo!! The Froggy song!" I sang mumbly through the waffles in my mouth.

Dylan, who was walking beside me, groaned, "Must you sing that irritable song?" he asked, annoyed.

"No, I don't have to, but it's a fun song to sing. Must you be such a killjoy?" I took a bite of a waffle.

He shrugged, "I'm not trying to be a killjoy, I just don't see the point of these childish antics."

"Well that's easy. Because we're KIDS!!" I stated the obvious.

He chuckled, "Well I don't know what planet you're on, but we're thirteen, technically teens."

"TECHNICALLY. But not exactly. Come on, Dyl! Don't you ever just want to be silly and act like a kid again? You said you did, in Minneapolis." I gave him a sincere look. He frowned, looking down and staying silent. I sighed, "I get it, if you're sad, y'know. You don't have to act all happy just for me. My first impression on her wasn't great, but she was probably better than I thought. I mean, you were friends with her, and your heart is pretty pure, so I doubt you would be friends with someone who's a jerk." I smiled slightly.

He looked up at, "My heart isn't that pure..."

"Well you gave me a chance, so yeah, it is. I mean, we're a pretty dynamic duo. A murderer and a detective? Best friends? Sounds like some weird cheesy book some writing noobie would write out of fun!"

((Heyyyy...... T-T ROOD.))

"Sorry not sorry..." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing!"

He sighed, "I guess you're right. Also, I'm okay, I promise. It's doing a number on me, and I'm never going to get over it, but I'll learn to live with the scars." he smiled.

"That's ma boy!"

"Also, I'm being a killjoy not only because of Sarah, but because I'm tired. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was up doing research on a certain murder case, which you caused." he glared at me.

"You have no proof." I stuck my tongue out at him.

He stopped in his tracks, taking off his backpack and rummaging through it, finding a news paper. He handed it to me, showing the front page to be a dark and blurry picture of me, but there was a lens flair which blocked out my face, but my outfit was still visible, "Isn't that the outfit you took like, one hundred selfies in and sent them ALL to me?"

I stared at the picture, remembering when someone took a picture of me, then disappeared. But how did the lens flair get there? There was no real light for it to project off of... Unless they blocked my face on purpose... But why? And who was it?

I was snapped out of my thought when Dylan waved his hand in my face, "Hello? Earth to Marie, come in Marie!"

I looked up at him, "Huh? Oh, uh, yeah, got lost in thought..." I finished off my last waffle.

"I was meaning to ask, how did someone get a picture of you?" he asked.

"I'm not entirely sure myself, I was in the woods, just after I took Hayden's eyes-"

"Ha ha! So you did kill him!"

I scolded him slightly.

"Uh, continue."