Jailbroken

"Sit here." I'm shoved violently onto a chair by a guard. The guard confidently walks away, leaving me to face a metal table. I sit in waiting for several minutes, entirely silent. I can tell I'm being watched through the one way glass on the wall, but other than that, the room is void of any other people. My time of silence was interrupted, however, when a young man, 18-20 or so, walked through the door.

"Sorry for being late, I had other cases to solve. I was called here last minute." He says, taking off his jacket.

"I don't care."
"Oh, I know, don't worry. I'm fully aware of how little you care about my life, which is why I've decided to torture you with minor details about my day."
"Oh, so you're a comedian? I see. This will be less boring than I thought."
"That's what I aim for. Anyway, since you've had no trouble admitting to your crimes so far, even in front of the police, I'm not going to question you about any of that, because I don't have time to waste."
"Gee, sorry for being a nuisance."
"Nuisance? No. Small inconvenience? Maybe." He smiles childishly. He reminds me of her, and I don't know why. He sits back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other. I stare him down from my seat, and he takes this moment to put his long black hair and tie it back in ponytail.
"Anyway, even though I already know you, I'm going to put you through the painful process of introductions, okay?"

He sticks out his hand.

"I'm Dylan."

I stare cautiously. I don't think he'd try to hurt me in any way, but I don't know what the guards watching will do to me. I know what's happened to inmates who get too friendly with an officer, especially to inmates of colour. This country can talk about how much it celebrates diversity all it wants, but racism is still a heavy factor of crime here, or rather, of criminals that get sentenced.

I still my breathing as I stare at the one way glass, and he evidently notices me.
"What, are you scared of them? Don't be, trust me. They're not like what you think they are. Just like you're not what they think you are."
I whip my head over to face him.
"You're a little young to be a lawyer, aren't you?"
"Detective, actually."
"Even more so."
He laughed.
"I'm a detective in training if you want to get into specifics. I'm doing a field degree with the university."
"... Interesting..."
"Ah, and here I thought you didn't care."
"I didn't. Past tense."
I grab his hand, which he had rested on the table.
"Dominique."
"Glad you're going along with my little charade here, Dominique. Now, down to business." He reaches into his book bag and pulls out several file books. He pulled out a single picture and placed it in front of me. I recognized the picture as a blown up version of her picture from the news papers, her face obviously blocked out with a lens flare. I could still imagine her face, though, considering I'd seen it just a few days ago.

"Can you tell me who this is to you?" He asks, sitting back.

"A disgusting piece of trash." I spit.

"Okay, so you're very well acquainted. But, was two days ago the very first time you had ever met her in person?"

"Yeah... Why is this important? She's the reason I'm in here."

"To be fair, I disagree. The thing that got you in here was yourself. No one forced you to kill anyone, Dominique... Unless, someone did?"

"What exactly are you implying?"

"I'm not trying to imply anything, but if there was someone forcing you to kill others, it's important for you to let us know.

"... No one was forcing me to kill..."

"You're an honest person. That's good. So, just to be clear, you've never conspired with Little Miss Marionette before? You two had nothing to do with each other, other than you trying to mimic her killing style?"