It's Okay, Dylan.

"Dyyyyylllaaannn!! It's the weekend! You don't have school! Let's do something fun!" I busted into Dylan's house and yelled but didn't find him in the living room, kitchen or in his room. I assumed he was in his little study place down in the basement. As I jumped down the stairs I found him exactly where I expected, working busy as a bee.

"Yo Dyl! Wanna do something fun this weekend? You're not in school I figured we could-"

"I can't, I'm busy." He didn't even look at me when he interrupted my excited sentence.

"Busy with...?"

"Work, duh." He drew a red line in between two pictures on a large white board.

"Oh. Mind of I help?" I painted a smile on my face again.

"Normally I wouldn't but this one is difficult to explain and a long story so it would waste my time. Sorry." Inspecting the dark bags under his eyes, and the amount of attitude he was using, I came to two conclusions; either something else was definitely wrong, or hot topic was closed today.

I looked a little closer to his features. Hair tangled and messy, bags under the eyes, eyes glazed over, slumped shoulders, bad back posture. "... How much sleep have you gotten in the last 48 hours?"

"Um...? 20?"

"Hours?"

"Minutes."

I frowned. "Honestly Dylan! I expected that you of all people would be a little more punctual than that." I couldn't hear his mumbled response, but I heard something about not being perfect. My shoulders dropped from their tensed place and I stood beside him. "I'm sorry."

He sighed, almost sounding annoyed. "It's okay, but you are kind of right. I should get some sleep... But I can't, because this case is driving me crazy..." I leaned a little closer to him and smiled as in saying he should tell me so I can help. He finally sighed in exhaustion and defeat. "Fine. So, the man you killed, Hayden Stevens, right? Because we found him, there's then been openings of people that he killed. Well now I have to deal with that bullshit." He pointed to a picture of a girl with brown hair, slightly tanned skin and a smiling face. "We think she may have also been a victim of his crimes, but then there's question of what she was doing to begin with when being attacked."

"What do you mean?" I pulled off my hoodie and tied it around my waist.

"She was found partly dead, beaten with a blunt object and drugged, on a street corner at almost the bridge of town. But, she lived a peaceful life on the very other side of the town, near here in fact."

"So?"

"So what was she doing out there! Her parents would never suggest that she had some secret life or something, so what happened?" He placed his hands on his hips, scanning over the whiteboard again.

"Do ya have any other pictures of her?" I scanned the board with him. He nodded and grabbed papers from his desk that was already cluttered with other junk. He handed the clump to me and I browsed through the obviously colour-printer printed pictures. A few caught my eye. She was standing next to a handsome and pale man. Scrawny but decent.

And suspicious. "Hey, who's this guy?" I pointed to the guy in the picture. Dylan merely glanced at it and went back to his vigorous studying of the god damn board.

"Her boyfriend. Well, ex now. He's been missing for a week or two now."

"Hmm. I'm guessing you've already thought of the possibility..."

"That he could have done it? For sure. But he didn't. He did, however, have something to do with it."

"Well there's an answer for you. That's how she got there."