22. November 1st// 8:42 PM - November 2nd// 7:02

- warning : this chapter contains mentions of extreme violence, guns, drugs, blood, and needles. -

Ella's Perspective

I sighed, stopping and looking at the TV.

" The police do not yet know exactly who this threat is, but many are starting to pin these past crimes on the infamous maniax. "

I shook my head and went back to walking to Kristen's office. Three days had past, and it had been nothing but chaos for the GCPD. Robberies, fires, shootings. The whole bit, everywhere you looked. So I was naturally one of the only staying behind at the office while everyone else was scrambling all over the city.

It was just me, and some guy I barely even knew. But I was getting a lot done. Enough to get a raise in the least, but I doubted that.

" Okay...Don't need this, do need that... " I muttered to myself as I started grabbing some files and putting other files back. I smiled slightly, finding everything I needed. But the second I closed the drawer was the second the lights started flickering. Then, the lights went out. " Really? " I put down the files and pulled out my phone from my back pocket. I turned on my flashlight and went back into the office.

" Hey, do you know where the electri-- " I gasped loudly as the one other man was sobbing, now standing. I walked closer towards him, quickly. " Sir are you-- "

" Run. " he shook his head and spoke. I stopped and tilted my head. Then,

his brains went all over his desk.

I screamed, my hand over my own mouth. I felt his blood splatter onto my face. As the man fell to the ground, behind him, I found the man from the bar. He held a finger to his mouth. " I believe I haven't fully introduced myself. " he chuckled. He bowed and held out his blood stained hand. " My name, is Oswald Cobblepot. " I shook my head and started to run to the exit.

I had never been so afraid in my life. So terrified, so worried for my life. Tears rolled down my cheeks, but I didn't have time to cry. As I reached the exit I quickly found that it was somehow blocked. I swore loudly until I screamed, feeling someone pull me back from behind. I felt a hand wrap around my mouth.

I struggled until I recognized the sounds of the grunts, the voice. It was voice I hadn't heard in what felt like years, but I knew it like the back of my hand. I made a connection but I couldn't trust myself. It was Edward.

I eventually got his hand away from my mouth, I turned to face him. " Ed? " I stared at him as he stared at me, scared and like he was sick. " I-is that you? "

" I'm sorry Ella. " he then quickly, out of nowhere, pulled me into a kiss. I didn't know what I was doing but I kissed him back. I missed him too much. But as I pulled away, I felt a needle press into my arm and my vision went blurry. " I love you, Ella Roselend. " my head hit the ground. I thought I was dead. Or I at least hoped I was.

Oswald's Perspective

" I'm sorry darling... I'm sorry... " I watched Ed as he held her. She was sinking to the ground. I laughed and applauded him.

" Good job... You did it. Don't worry, she'll wake up in a few hours or so. She might be sore. " I chuckled. He looked up at me slowly, fury and remorse slowly mixing inside his irises.

" Sore... You put something in this shot... that I didn't know about. " he stood slowly. He grew angry, breathing heavily. " you HURT HER! " he yelled as I held up a hand.

" Now, my friend. Let's not get hasty-- "

" No Oswald. " he took another step towards me, looking down to me.