21

Updated

After we hugged it out, we decided to go finish up dinner and get ready for bed. I finished up dressing in one of my many silk night dresses before walking over to the large window in our bedroom. Anakin came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, burying his head in the spot between my neck and shoulder.

"Just about everything. Lately things have been so strange. It's most likely because of the baby, everything is all weird" I chuckled, running a hand on my stomach. Anakin chuckled and did the same, taking a hand and rubbing over the baby bump gently. "I heard a rumor Obi Wan was being sent out, is that true?" I changed the subject, turning my head to look at him.

He sighed and nodded. "He is being sent out, on a solo mission which he could very much use my help. He leaves whenever we locate General Grievous and the other separatist leaders. It sucks because we can find them at anytime and when we do he's off. It can be minutes, hours, days; we don't know." He sighed, pulling me tighter to him.

"He will be ok, after all he trained you and your a hero to the republic" I grinned, glancing up at him. He smirked and leaned down placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"You don't have to tell me everything if you don't want to but what did you and the chancellor discuss today? I wanted to tell you something earlier but..." I trailed off looking down, recalling the events of tonight.

"I'm really, really sorry about the way I've been treating you. It's not right. Your all I have left anymore, your all I have left to fight for" he mumbled sadly.

"You have the republic, and Obi Wan, and the chancellor." I reminded him. "And the baby." His features brightened up at the mention of our unborn child.

"Your right." He smiled. "And the chancellor and I did not really talk about much, just the war and things in the republic. We're very close friends nowadays."

"Anakin...the senate doesn't like that the chancellor is so close to you. They feel threatened that one of the Jedi council members is so close to the chancellor is always taking up his time. Of course I stick up for you but-"

"It's ok, I'm used to it. The Jedi don't trust me because I'm so close with the chancellor. That doesn't stop me from being his friend. I confide in him as though he is my father. They wouldn't understand." He told me. I started to fee really upset like I needed to stand up for him when I hear the senators say things about him in the halls. Usually I'll make comments but I got this urge to really stand up for him.

"I'm sorry Ani, you know I trust you right? I think it's lovely you guys are so close" I turned around to fully face him.

"Well I think your lovely" He smiled. "Speaking of lovely, sometime I'm going to take you the space show. It was so exquisite; something I've never seen before. You would appreciate its beauty and artsiness of if it."

"I would love that" I giggled, resting my head on his chest. He held me, just like he always does as we wallowed in each other's company. I savored being there beside him because after all, he may be shipped off to a different planet any day now.

"I will admit to one thing and we have had this discussion before but I want to tell you something. The council still doesn't trust me, they still refuse to make me a master even after everything I've done. They broke the original scripture by making me a knight without trials, I'm the youngest on the council, but I'm still not given the title of master. It frustrates me to no end." He sighed, finally opening up to me about something.