Sacrifice: Chapter 3

*Your POV*

I reluctantly knocked on the door. The place was a far cry from where i was use to.
My previous apartment was quite simple. It looked a little rich but with a touch of moderate and simplicity.
This place, was a little rustic. They had one of those large rustic, barred, metal elevators where you had to pull up and down on the metal entrance to get in and out, like in the movies.

I waited, patiently and nervously. Thinking that i may have made a mistake.
Like, what if this person was a serial killer and just using this cheap ad to lure innocent and naive people like me?

The door finally clicked opened, i jumped out of shock from over-thinking.

*His POV*

It was a boring evening. Was watching the same anime in my laptop in the living room as i couldn't turn on the television since it was cut off.
Damn, i should've asked my IT pal to make me a more proper ad instead of making it on my own. No one's gonna come and rent a room with a stupid, cheap, hand-writtened-

Knock, knock, knock.

My head jolted as i turned to eye the door.
A guest?
At this time of the hour....?
Oh,no. Please don't let it be the owner of the building. I haven't pay him yet this month. I always managed to pay on time, it's just these past two months has been rough since i kicked out my last roomie. He was troubled. Drugs and shit.
Yeah, because of him, we were able to pay rent and bills and stuff. On time.
But, i can't with the whole illegal thing anymore.

I jog towards the door.