Sacrifice: Chapter 9

*Jimin's POV*

"Do you have anything for me?" I asked, taking a couple of files that i expected to contain several evidence of my ex's new life from my P.I, whose also an old friend from college.

"Yep. Fortunately, they live a few blocks down. In one of those rough neighborhood." He added, while handing over the documents and photos.

"Rough you mean...." i was seated behind my desk, taking a quick glimpse at him before returning my hungry gaze on the photos in my hands.
"Drugs, hookers, etc..." he replied.

I sigh, putting pressure against my forehead using my fingers to numb the ache.
"Thanks, man. I really needed your help on this one.
God, why is she even living in that kind of environment. How was she coping?" I asked, worried.
"To be honest, she seems fine. Especially with that young man as her escort." Bluntly, he replied.
"That's her roommate. " i corrected, busy looking at some of the pictures.

"Eh, i think it's more than that. They seem pretty close."
From scanning the photos, my eyes slowly glared at my friend.
"Thanks, bruh. I think I'll take it from here. How much was it again?" I added, slapping on a fake smile to hide the annoyance.

"For you, I'll give a discount. Half of what you use to pay me. Cheque will do."
I chuckled, ah, he still had that odd sense of humour in him.

~~~

The place was filthy.
I pressed the button to my desired floor and waited patiently inside the creepy old cage-like elevator.

'How are you living like this...?' I thought to myself.

After exiting the elevator, i tried finding the address my friend had gave me.
God, i hope they're home. At least let it be only her.

Once i thought i have gotten the right address, i look back at the small paper to review the door number.

Yep, its this one.

I rang the doorbell. No sound. Ahh, its broken. I knocked a few times.
A guy opens. The guy that (Y/N) went home with after our little exchange the other day.

He looked surprised. Seems like he remembers me. The guy opened his mouth and asked
"Ah, it's you. Came to see (y/n)? "

Sheepishly, I nodded. Trying to be as polite as possible.

"She went out this morning. Job searching. You can come in, if you like. I think she's on her way back."
Oh? I was surprised that this dude was being kinda nice to me.
So i went in, feeling a little awkward in the tummy.

Hmm...the place didn't seem so bad. The interior was urban rusticity and had a lot of stuff but sorta works along with the style.
"Water?" I heard him asked from afar.
"Huh?" Slightly surprised, i turned my head towards the guy, who was already by the refrigerator.

"You want anything to drink?" He repeated, glancing back at me over his shoulder.
"Uh...no, I'm fine. Thanks." I responded, smiling awkwardly.
"Have a seat, bruh." He said, turning away to reach something inside the fridge.

I sat at the couch, facing the fairly large balcony that overlooked the building opposite us.
I looked over at him, deciding to at least say something for his unsuspected kindness.
"Um, I'm sorry. The other day, we got off on the wrong foot. I apologize for that.
My name is Park Jimin, by the way."

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. Nah, it's not me who you should be apologizing to. I barely know you. I was only looking out for her. Actually, I'm supposed to be accompanying her to the job interview but i had to bail. Had a bad tummy ache this morning." He said, bringing out something from the refrigerator.