Sacrifice: Chapter 19

*Jimin's POV*

I let out a long sigh.
Laying on bed, helplessly as i still can't move my left leg.

"Taehyung...help me up..." i asked for his help to get me into a sitting position. I don't think i could ever conduct a proper conversation if i were to lay down.

Immediately, Taehyung got up from the chair across the room and walked up to the bed, helping me up slowly and carefully.

"AHH!!" I yelped. Shutting my eyes as tight as i could, trying my best to endure the terrible pain.
"You sure you want to sit up? We can do this while you lay down." He said, worried.
"No, no. I need to sit up. It's okay. I can handle it." I insisted.
"Jimin, I'm a bit worried that your condition might get worse if — "

I ended up growing a little agitated, slapping away Tae's arms off of me before the guilt immediately rushed in right after.

"Tae, I'm...I'm sorry. I just...i don't know...I'm really — " then he cuts in.
" It's fine. You're hurt. And probably angry about this... whole mess....."

I wasn't exactly sure if Taehyung was referring to my condition at the time...or the situation he has with (y/n).

My sight fell onto him. While his looked downwards onto the white tile floor.

"Taehyung....be honest with me...." i start as my breathing wasn't exactly steady.

He lifted up his head, slightly tilted to the side, starring into my eyes.

"What am i too you?"

"My....brother....my best friend..." solemnly, he answered.

I worked up a smile.
"I considered you the same way as well, Taehyung."
Still making eye contact, now seeing pieces of hope in his eyes. I continued,

"But...what about (y/n)? What is she to you?"

Right after i said that, his eyes that once held onto hope...abruptly changed to sadness.

"I...i don't know how to say this...."

I gulped down my fear. Bracing myself for the  truth i have already known.

*** throwback ***

I was absolutely fatigued.

Physically, emotionally, mentally.

I lay on the moist grass next to (y/n), whom let me place my head on her lap as we waited for the fire to feast on the body.

I fell asleep for a while but not too long. I soon began hearing voices. Speaking to each other.

My eyes slowly opened, seeing (y/n) having a short conversation with Taehyung.
I didn't know why but i couldn't make out what they were saying. I heard them speak but i just couldn't understand them.
Hmmm, maybe i was just soo tired at that point.

However, amidst the darkness and the only source of light were the Moon and the Stars, i glanced over at them, not sure whether they noticed or not.

In the darkness, I stared hard at them both.
Observing them.
And I noticed something; Taehyung. Whenever (y/n) looks forward, like looking away from him and stuff, i'd noticed his eyes.

The way he stares at her...at my lover....was different from how a friend would.

I don't know. It could be because i was too tired. Exhausted. And my imagination were probably running wild. Plus, it was pretty dark out there. My eyes could be playing malicious tricks on me.